Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Running gear
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10th October 2009, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark View Post
Going with CVH for Iva because i want an age related plate and the fact it had only done 65k with fsh and ran perfect

I am gonna run it on bike carbs/megajolt though because i dont like the look of that hybrid ignition system and that tiny pierburg carb it came with as standard. Hopefully be on the road for next summer and if it does give up i can get a zetec straight in like yours if it doesnt give up it will probably be a winter project/xmas present to myself to get the zetec in i and will already have carbs and megajolt and a bit of experience tinkering with them.
Sounds like a cunning plan Mark, the CVH is a good engine and should run well on the bike carbs and as you say is a straight swap with the Zetec. Although the way you are cunning you should be out and on the road easily by next summer. It becomes a drug once you see it nearly complete and getting it on the road....
Old 10th October 2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud69 View Post
Sounds like a cunning plan Mark, the CVH is a good engine and should run well on the bike carbs and as you say is a straight swap with the Zetec. Although the way you are cunning you should be out and on the road easily by next summer. It becomes a drug once you see it nearly complete and getting it on the road....
Its getting like that now, all the nice clean jobs actually assembling things really motivate me.Now the wedding is done and dusted i can spend a bit more cash on it too so things are coming along nicely. I am working next sat until 12 so would it be ok to pop round and see you after i finish work? if so pm me your address etc and we can sort something out.

Thanks
Old 10th October 2009, 07:25 PM

Have pm'd you Mark