Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > General discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 28th June 2011, 10:31 PM

Default yet more motivation!

hello there,

been on one of those driving experience day thinggys today, what an awesome day packed full of fun and motivation to get lots of progress made on the roadster in the next few weeks!

got it for my 21st birthday (best prezzie ever) drove a lamborghini, nissan GTR, audi r8 and caterham! then went and had the life scarred out of me by the 'twig' (not a typo) in an ariel atom which was beyond belief, i never knew anyone could make a car do such things!

would have preferred to drive the caterham last as this was the first bit of track driving iv ever done and never driven anything with even half the BHP anyways ended up driving it first so didnt get the best out of it although is was just as fun as all the other cars i drove

the lamborghini had insane straight line speed and brilliant handling due to four wheel drive and was surprisingly easy to drive even after all the bad things i hear about them being 'difficult' (had to be may favourite just because of the sheer lunacy)

the r8 was good but that stupid 'gated' gear lever was a pain in the arse and the gearbox was about as impossible as threading a needle at 1000mph!

the gtr was good too four wheel drive and 520bhp made for brilliant handling and acceleration out of the bends was very impressive!

would highly recommend one of these driving days to anyone they are so much fun + they give you motivation to own a track based car of your own or in our case build one!

anyways enough about that some piccies for your enjoyment.

serious face in the audi (had to concentrate, some stupid single seaters required overtaking!)

Old 28th June 2011, 10:57 PM
Super Moderator

Looks fun,

I did the knockhill rally experience about 8 years ago and that was ace. Ranked 3rd out of 20 and #1 & #2 had been before But I did have an advantage being a sierra owner

TT

Build Thread

Man Cave Mantiques

Cecil Street Auto Repairs Garage Carlisle

Build Cost £4181.65 - Last - Wheel Cylinders