Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > General discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12th April 2011, 05:26 PM

Default would any trader do a multi-buy deal for rolling parts?

evening peoples,

wondering if any of the traders out there could offer me a better deal on the bits i need to get rolling if i bought them all at once?

im in need of...
polybushes
mushrooms
drag links
ball joints
steering rack
rack clamps
rack extensions
track rod ends

had a look on saturns website who do all these bits which work out at £350 not including postage. dont quite have all the moneys together yet, should have in a couple of weeks, which gives me time to shop around

Ta very much

Jake
Old 12th April 2011, 06:17 PM

Hello Jake,

Nice wish list, the only problem is all the products are bought in and there is very little profit on these (its only so we can supply them to other builders) so it is with regrets that there is very little that can be done. If you do decide to order remember just to select postage for one item as we have no means on our website to allow for multiple shipments on the site.

regards...Andrew

Regards..........AndyH
Old 12th April 2011, 06:20 PM

i see, just had a quick look on the bay and cant seem to find anything cheaper, would probably come pick them up anyways, tis a bit of a trek for me but would be a day out

Cheers andy

Jake
Old 12th April 2011, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeH View Post
i see, just had a quick look on the bay and cant seem to find anything cheaper, would probably come pick them up anyways, tis a bit of a trek for me but would be a day out

Cheers andy

Jake
The blast out in the roadster should make the trip worthwhile......

Andrew

Regards..........AndyH
Old 13th April 2011, 08:49 AM

Just one word of advice from a seasoned old scrote. Be careful when trying to save money, it can often end in tears and cost more than buying a decent item in the first place. A couple of examples - I bought cheap headlights, the reflectors have rusted before I have IVA'd the car, they now need to be replaced. I thought I could save money by making my own scuttle, I then had to spend hours modifying the bonnet to fit, if I had bought the Saturn one it would have gone straight on. Several "IVA compliant" parts from cut price suppliers simply are not compliant, others look crap and like they will fall apart in 10 minutes. Sometimes saving a pound just aint worth it. All the stuff I have bought from SSC is good quality and comes with excellent back up.
Just my 2p worth.