Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 26th October 2010, 12:14 PM

Pleased you all had a great time, looks like a great show. Which is better - Exeter or Stoneleigh? Adrian, that is some drive there and back in the roadster - i've done 200 miles motorway driving and that was enough for me...

Your car looks great there Gus, would like to have had a closer look. The Kwakker Green and the black wings look fantastic together - a very BIG well done. My car at shows, not looking as good as yours Gus (age and use) has always had a great deal of attention and i think people love the ethos of the self build project and when they compare them to higher priced production cars / kits they can see there is very little difference.

No sign of the single seater though John, thought we might see it with some Saturn bodywork on it - how's the front uprights doing? Would be nice to see the car complete after we've put so much time into our own contributions.

Regards....AndyH

Regards..........AndyH
Old 26th October 2010, 12:28 PM

Hi Andy,

Show was great, it's always handy (not Andy) for us being just 6 miles up the road. Stoneleigh is probably better & larger, but it's a good end of year show.

No, Chris has made a few last miniute revisions to the chassis, so we decided it wasn't fair to show a chassis that would be representative of the finished item, uprights are all done, I think Chris may well have them on his car.

Kind regards

John

Contact us at component-sales@hotmail.co.uk or visit our website www.3gecomponents.com

Last edited by 3GE Components : 26th October 2010 at 12:31 PM.
Old 26th October 2010, 12:31 PM
fabbyglass

I would say Stoneliegh is the better show due to it's location and it's size, it attracts jonny foreign bloke and blokette too

When do we get to see some pics of the single seater then as it's been a wee while now?
Old 26th October 2010, 12:38 PM

With the added bonus of Ash's bbq skills on hand

Kind regards

John

Contact us at component-sales@hotmail.co.uk or visit our website www.3gecomponents.com

Last edited by 3GE Components : 26th October 2010 at 12:58 PM.
Old 26th October 2010, 12:42 PM
fabbyglass

Ash cooking.......surely he's too busy chatting to cook
Old 26th October 2010, 01:35 PM

Cheers John,

Will be nice to see it complete, i think we are all waiting on tender hooks for it. As a lot of other people.

I'm sure Ash can talk and cook at the same time......

AndyH

Regards..........AndyH
Old 26th October 2010, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabbyglass View Post
Ash cooking.......surely he's too busy chatting to cook

at stoneleigh 2 yrs ago it took 4 forum members to build the B B Q , there,s a photo of it somewhere floating around , ....it was Ash,s barbie, mind you tho ....he cooks a cracking sausage, ask Muffin

Only time Ash isn,t talking is when he,s eating

cheers
andy