Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Running gear
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 16th June 2010, 07:51 PM

Default Rear Springs

My car has 200lb springs on the back at the minute. Being something of a fat lad, It's too soft on bumps, regularly bottoms out and adopts an oversteering attitude very quickly (you can feel it as soon as you turn in).

I've seen a couple of threads on here about 250lb springs. Do they sort it out adequately? The front has 350lb springs fitted which seem to work quite well. I don't want to over spring the rear end but on the other hand I don't want to be buying numerous sets of springs to experiment with if I find I need stiffer ones.

Shared experience welcomed, please.

Neil
Old 16th June 2010, 08:53 PM

I have no comparison point as i started with 250lb rear springs but they seem pretty good to me

After seing how close spuds car was to bottoming out on the rear arches on his track day pics i decided to go with 250 rears

He also has upgraded to 250 rears and says it handles better than it did with 200 rears

You can push mine a fair bit before you get any oversteer but its easily obtainable when you want it
Old 16th June 2010, 09:17 PM

Definitely a better balanced drive with the 250lb springs on, front is fine though. Noticed a huge difference as soon as i upgraded. I'm tall and 16st so maybe 250lb springs are the way to go and they're not too expensive to try...

AndyH

Regards..........AndyH