Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11th September 2016, 08:36 AM

Well yesterday was a lovely sunny day but a new living room unit arriving am grrrr
swmbo is still away but awaiting arrival of said furniture and all ready to oversee installation via Skype
Haha what she can't see are the messages about a wee blast if all is done in time
So unit arrives gets installed and all is good now a quick phone call and I'm off..... mmmmm car needs filling up must have used more than I thought earlier in the week, still it's only petrol the fuel for fun so filled up and blasted the 30 or so miles to Forres met Oli and his mate with a bike(I'm bad with names but I will get there, sorry) and off we go over dava to grantown then over the brig o broon to Tomintoul and the lecht for coffee here we found quite a steady flow of petrol coming from the tank seam..... so that's where all the petrols going !
So rather than waste it dripping the only other possible solution is (thinking hard) burn it off with some spirited driving so a quick con flab of how far I can go a route change and we have a great blast around the hills and home
So around 150 miles of fun and im sat here thinking somethings missing my wscc calender is behind that unit on the wall, not any more it ain't
So today I will see if I can patch repair seal the tank... oh the joys