Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > General discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 19th July 2015, 06:52 PM

Well tidy mate, should command big dollar when and if you sell it. (after you have had some fun of course )
Old 20th July 2015, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco View Post
Urm, I'm not really sure to be honest, not really thought about it,

Could it go down the tunnel and out of the boot floor, above a diffuser? Or yeah I could vent the rear of the side panels and the bonnet
As I've already said, this one of the finest builds I've seen, and week after week, it is constantly amazing. I just love the pedal box too!

About the cooling, I second David on that: plan for vents to let the air flow go out.

Also, I don't know if your bike engine is oil-cooled, but whatever it is, I think you will need an oil cooler. On bikes with no oil cooler, I've learnt that the airflow on the sump is enough to cool down the oil. Here your sump will not receive any airflow and there is a risk of oil overheating.

Hope this will help
Old 20th July 2015, 03:53 PM

That looks stunning!

I know this is always a cheeky question to ask but, would you be happy to share the quoted cost to coat all of that?
Old 20th July 2015, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilW View Post
Looks awesome mate, the pedal box is really nice. When you taking orders??
Haha thanks, your not the first, once I've got the car done and tested it I'm going to get a batch made up

Quote:
Originally Posted by K4KEV View Post
Well tidy mate, should command big dollar when and if you sell it. (after you have had some fun of course )
Cheers, don't think I will ever sell it, but I've joked with my dad about building a helicopter so we will see

Quote:
Originally Posted by voucht View Post
As I've already said, this one of the finest builds I've seen, and week after week, it is constantly amazing. I just love the pedal box too!

About the cooling, I second David on that: plan for vents to let the air flow go out.

Also, I don't know if your bike engine is oil-cooled, but whatever it is, I think you will need an oil cooler. On bikes with no oil cooler, I've learnt that the airflow on the sump is enough to cool down the oil. Here your sump will not receive any airflow and there is a risk of oil overheating.

Hope this will help
Cheers mate, I feel like I'm getting somewhere now as the last few months has been a bit slow, I've got loads to do now so hopefully there will be daily updates!

Yeah I think your right with the cooling, I'm going to have oil temp on my dash so will see how it go's, it's only got a water/oil cooler, I could always swap the under cover panel for a louvered one, will have to make a louver tool then

Quote:
Originally Posted by norton View Post
That looks stunning!

I know this is always a cheeky question to ask but, would you be happy to share the quoted cost to coat all of that?
I got it done cheap by my mates brother, but I would guess about £350, I think it's well worth it as the amount of time I've spent on it, there's not one run on it, also it doesn't build up on the edges like normal paint

My Build Thread
Old 20th July 2015, 10:34 PM

Got the car spun over tonight and got on with marking the rivet holes out, I've gone for 4mm rivets at 45mm spacing, I'm bonding it on to!

I marked the rail centres on first then used a set of dividers to mark the spacing, wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be and 45mm worked out nicely everywhere which was good for my OCD!

I started drilling a few holes at the back and worked up to the next cross rail, I had brought some cleco pins and glad I did there perfect for the job
Because I had bead rolled the panel it wasn't as flat as a plain sheet, but it pulled flat as I worked my way along

20 cleco pins fitted

My Build Thread
Old 20th July 2015, 10:35 PM

Then I drilled all the holes In between, I will get on the next section tomorrow hopefully

My Build Thread
Old 21st July 2015, 08:10 AM

Faip play cracking build
Where did you get the colecos was it online can only seem to see them on ebay usa.
Old 21st July 2015, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco View Post
Yeah I think your right with the cooling, I'm going to have oil temp on my dash so will see how it go's, it's only got a water/oil cooler, I could always swap the under cover panel for a louvered one, will have to make a louver tool then
If you will have a water-to-oil cooler, you certainly won't need a louvered one (air-to-oil if it is what you mean), as the water-to-oil coolers, like Laminova coolers, are very efficient.
Old 21st July 2015, 03:17 PM

LAS Aerospace for cleco pins,good price and delivery don't forget the pliers too.

If at first you dont succeed,avoid skydiving...

No parachute require to freefall,only if you want to do it twice.
Old 21st July 2015, 07:14 PM

There made just down the road from me

LAS Aerospace Ltd
Okehampton
Devon
EX20 1UA
01837 658081