Old 22nd July 2010, 07:58 PM

Dimensions would be good thanks

IVA passed 20 June 2017
Flickr Album
Old 22nd July 2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3004 View Post
Dimensions would be good thanks
no problem, i,ll post the dimensions on this thread tomorrow morning ( car not at home).

cheers
andy
Old 23rd July 2010, 02:26 PM

sorry for the delay.......

the bottom edge of the cross bar is 8cm above CP3 CP4.

The first harness mount is 6cm(to center of hole) in from the upright of the roll bar, then an 11.5cm space to the center of the next harness mount center.

Both sides are set at equal dimensions.

Tho please be aware the position of the harness mounts will be dictated to by the seats you use etc.

hope this helps.

cheers
andy
Old 25th July 2010, 09:02 AM

I have reread this topic and feel that we need to get the seat belt rules clear and made sticky.
On rereading the thread it is clear that some people are posting answers that just are not correct or are posting hearsay as truth.
I have been involved in a lot of builds (still am) and have been at 2 SVA's and 1 IVA all first time passes so I have gained some experience and knowledge and have had tests like the seatbelt mountings explained yo me by the tester whilst he conducted the test.
You cannot set the seat belt upper mounting point without the seats fitted, you can guestimate this to a certain extent.
First to find the upper seat belt minimum height cut a block of wood 136mm long and 53mm thick, place the block on the seat base longways and push it back so one end touches the seat back. From the front top edge
Measure straight up 450mm, use a plumb bob or spirit level, Mark the 450mm height, the using string or spirit level run backwards at 90degs to where you would like to mount the seat belts ( or the bar the belts will run over) add a few more mm to put it safely higher.
To clarify the minimum upper seat belt mounting height wil be seat and seat runner thickness + 53mm + 450mm.
At least 550mm from the floor I would think.
I hope this clears things up.
It worries me that people will search threads in the future and confuse speculation with fact and fail.

Last edited by snapper : 25th July 2010 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Added clarification
Old 25th July 2010, 10:59 AM

I think "Snapper" has raised a very good point indeed.

Whilst I,m personally always happy to give info from my own build to be used as a guide/suggestion etc I would hope any builder would check the IVA regs/rules etc to ensure their own build is within the requirements of the IVA regulations.
My apologies if any info I have given is misleading or incorrect to anyones own build, but as there are so many possible differences within each build ( such as seats used, height of runners etc) please take the measurements that I have given as nothing more than how I have built my own car & not as the way to do it on all builds, due to so many possible deviations as mentioned.

Well said "Snapper"

cheers
andy