Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > General discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 15th February 2013, 09:00 AM

Default Ebay Haynes supplier - Louthyz

Anyone used this chap? I have just purchased a pair of Pinto engine mount plates and the upper harness mounts.

http://www.auctiva.com/stores/viewst...146&styleid=12

Mostly I don't see why people who have decided to go 'Haynes' would get the simpler plates cut - but I didn't feel so bad about leaving it to someone else to worry about threading the harness mount bar and aligning the engine mount holes perfectly... :-D
Old 16th February 2013, 05:43 AM

I ordered cp 16 and 17 from gillham online the other week very cheap compared with eBay good quality parts just a little hard to get hold of but other wise I'd deffinatley order from him again
Old 16th February 2013, 07:54 AM

Default good

I've used those people off eBay for odd bits and pieces must say good service and nice parts so no complaints, would be more than happy to recommend them

Just keep going we will get there in the end.
Old 16th February 2013, 08:51 AM

I have used him for my pedal box so far and will likely get him to do my engine mounts.

I'm building an MX5 based roadster and he didn't have the design so I sent him the CAD files and he did them custom for me with really quick turnaround.

Cheers
Stot
Old 16th February 2013, 07:16 PM

I had a look at his bits for sale he is charging £17 to powdercoat them thats quite expensive seeings as powder is £5.99 for half kilo and you would use next to nothing on that

Arfon
Old 16th February 2013, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArf View Post
I had a look at his bits for sale he is charging £17 to powdercoat them thats quite expensive seeings as powder is £5.99 for half kilo and you would use next to nothing on that

Arfon
If that was powder coated it would just flake off. Its probably done properly and blasted first to key it up hence the cost. That or its a bodge and a rip off

Bob

The cave http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/my...deshow/mancave

The build http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12669
Old 16th February 2013, 09:08 PM

Yeah its covered in millscale so would need prepping too.

I haven't seen anything about powder coating on the ads but I'm not sure which bits from him I would want powder coated before I welded them either?

You could buy the pedal set for £35 and weld and paint it yourself, or you can have him weld them, prep them and powder coat them for £25 more which doesn't seem that bad?

Cheers
Stot
Old 16th February 2013, 11:07 PM

Well i grit blast my own and powdercoat and i wouldn't charge that much but im only doing it for myself and mates

Arfon
Old 22nd February 2013, 11:42 AM

Upper harness mounts and Pinto engine mount plates turned up in the post on Wednesday. Just had chance to offer them up to the car.

Must admit, on arrival I was a bit skeptical, i had expected something very cleanly cut and drilled - and the engine mount plates looked quite 'handmade' - the holes for the bolts were all oval rather than round.

However - offered them up and they fit absolutely fine. And the original Ford mounts themselves have a fair degree of play in the bolt holes themselves.

So I'm happy all round with what i've received - and wouldn't hesitate to use the chap again if there were anything else I wanted.
Old 22nd February 2013, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jps View Post
Upper harness mounts and Pinto engine mount plates turned up in the post on Wednesday. Just had chance to offer them up to the car.

Must admit, on arrival I was a bit skeptical, i had expected something very cleanly cut and drilled - and the engine mount plates looked quite 'handmade' - the holes for the bolts were all oval rather than round.

However - offered them up and they fit absolutely fine. And the original Ford mounts themselves have a fair degree of play in the bolt holes themselves.

So I'm happy all round with what i've received - and wouldn't hesitate to use the chap again if there were anything else I wanted.
Thas pretty much my experience. Looks like there is a bit of backlash on the machine causing slightly irregular holes, but everything mates up so all good.

Cheers
Stot