Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 25th May 2011, 06:12 PM

Default Gone and done it now

Well I am definitely selling my roadster. A very nice silver XJR is now adorning my driveway and I need my garage for a non car related project. The call of 420 supercharged horse powers (modified charger and stainless exhaust) combined with all that leather and pedigree was too much to ignore. I am going to make the finishing touches to the roadster so that it meets my own personal satisfaction it will then go on ebay and will be sold to the highest bidder. It will be ready for use as a track day car or for presenting for IVA.
I can use the Jag every day. it does 0-60 in 5 seconds dead and goes on to 155 electronically limited. I can't keep both and my everyday driver so it's goodbye roadster. Serious offers invited, most of you already know but the build diary up to about a month ago is at www.deepfolly.co.uk.
Best to all,
Enoch
Old 25th May 2011, 06:26 PM

shame, but I F*********************G love jaguars ! sex on wheels if you ask me! and that beautiful whine of the kompressor i feel a supercharged v6 coming on haha!

michael
Old 25th May 2011, 08:01 PM

Thumbs down

The JAG has some nice figures, but will it be as much fun as the roadster ? I've always had quickish big cars, which were no fun, that's why I'm building my roadster, each to their own though and good luck with the sale.
Old 25th May 2011, 08:10 PM

Well I have always loved Jags. I was about 8 when my eldest brother bought a brand new one. My folks had a mark 2 Cortina at the time that didn't even have a radio in it. Comparing that with a 4.2 litre monster with all the toys left a lasting impression upon me. I have had 4 Jags at various times in the past, when I had a proper job I had a 4 litre Sovereign which I loved but it had to go when I went self employed. This is my first supercharged one, saying it is quick is a massive understatement. It is an entirely different experience to the Roadster but it is something I have always wanted. Yes the roadster would no doubt be fun with a capital f and I would like to keep it for track days but it's just not practical for me to do so.
Times change and at this time the Jag has more appeal for me. I still love the roadster concept, I have loved building it and I am sure I would love driving it on the rare occasions when I would have the opportunity to do so.
Enoch.
Old 25th May 2011, 08:53 PM

Good luck with the new wheels Enoch,shame about the roadster but as you say needs must.

If at first you dont succeed,avoid skydiving...

No parachute require to freefall,only if you want to do it twice.
Old 25th May 2011, 09:40 PM

why not just stick an xjr lump in the roadster and a nice comfy leather seat.....oh and build your dash with walnut faced ply..........sorted....