Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29th April 2016, 09:49 AM

Hoping to pop up to Ayjays over the weekend and get a look at his new body work.

Arfon
Old 16th May 2017, 06:26 PM

I placed my order for a nose, bonnet, scuttle, aero screen and arches in October last year and I'm yet to receive any of the parts. I and others have received multiple reasons for delay over the months and despite continuing to trust Vmax my trust has now faded. I've reduced my order to a set of rear arches and a refund of the balance - £250. The arches are said to be on the way but there have been multiple delays unlike any other delivery I have ever received.

I'm fed up, I want to know what has happened to my payment and I want to know when I'll be reimbursed. I'm having to be as careful with money as much as the next man. I worked additional shifts at my hospital to pay for this bodywork. I'm no longer able to do that due to child care commitments. I feel like it's all in vain and I've been robbed or conned.

Vmax, it's time to stop giving excuses out and tell us, the people who's money you happily took and tell us what's been going on.
Old 16th May 2017, 06:41 PM

Ok after the developements of the last few months i am now looking for a job in order to give refunds to all customers who want one i am going to stop all production of haynes bodywork and put the moulds in storage al refunds will be given on a frist come first served basis and i can only do what i can do but please understand i am attempting to avoid bankruptcy as this will help nobody
Old 16th May 2017, 06:55 PM

So where has our money gone? You've put it into materials? Recently I recall you saying you needed to sell seconds before you could buy further materials, ( http://forums.haynes.co.uk/showthrea...207#post105207 ) it doesn't add up. You've sold all the seconds you add it seems so why has that money not been returned to us? I can't help but feel our money has gone elsewhere and we've dropped down the priority list despite readily taking our cash.

It doesn't seem you're being totally transparent as to where our money has gone. If you ran into problems long before now why not give a comprehensive explanation then? Why drive people to the point of despair?

Last edited by norton : 16th May 2017 at 07:00 PM.
Old 16th May 2017, 07:16 PM

the funds have gone on materials but i have had health issues and a marrage breakup to deal with if you want i can declare bankruptcy how does that sit with you i am still offering the people who have ordered to still get their bodywork as soon as i can but understand i am only one man when i produce seconds i then have to order more materials to make those parts again i am sure thats not hard to understand
Old 16th May 2017, 07:21 PM

I have closed my facebook page now
Old 16th May 2017, 07:30 PM

No these are not difficult things to understand as clearly I've managed to put 2 and 2 together on my own but there lies the problem, you've offered little insight into what is going on other than tit bits, excuses and persistent stalling hence having to figure it out on our own. This is why people are now angry and far less likely to be empathic or understanding as we've been kept in the dark wondering where our money has gone.

If you're producing seconds why not give the people with outstanding orders first refusal? That plus a small refund would see you squared away but instead you're selling them to others and perpetuating our frustrations.

If you're struggling with you issues in your personal life then get support. Divorce and financial issues are not new things to contend with and there are well established networks out there that can advise and help you through your issues which, are not going to go away.

Last edited by norton : 16th May 2017 at 07:33 PM.
Old 16th May 2017, 08:29 PM

Hang on guys hang on....while I can fully understand it can and is frustrating when you pay for something and its late in coming I know Dave personally and he is no rip off merchant, has anyone noticed that a lot of peeps who have tried to run a one man show with Haynes bodywork have all had serious issues with trying to get bodywork out on time. Spud, Nathan Gillham, these guys had plenty of space, Dave has no where near as much, he picked up the "buck" when no one else could be bothered and "haynes" bodywork nearly disappeared, by all means give him a nudge but having a pop on here will hardly result in him going into turbo building mode given that he has some real issues on his own doorstep to resolve. I'm not saying it is an excuse but where will the body molds go next and will they be as good as Daves, Have patience I'm sure he will deliver one way or the other.
Old 16th May 2017, 08:35 PM

Thanks kev i am not out to rip anyone off and i apologise for not keeping you all informed about my personal circumstances I am still wanting to produce quality bodywņrk and still intend to make new moulds for future builders
Old 16th May 2017, 08:41 PM

?You may well be able to vouch for him however no one has publically done so so far.

After so many months of nothing its perfectly reasonable to fear for your money which you trusted in someone but continually have nothing in return for. In fact, its reasonable to have felt that months ago let alone now.

I'm not expecting a sudden burst of activity but I do want this to be open and public. I fear others may have paid for bodywork in recent time and are now along for this ride. There is a complete lack of transparency here which is disconcerting for all those involved so I don't recognise me verbalising this publically as being any way out of line.

My criticising the lack of transparency is entirely proportionate as is the way I and others are feeling and I challenge anyone to suggest we've not been reasonable given the great length of time (that is still growing) we've had to wait. If Dave hadn't decided to produce Haynes bodywork we would have just gone elsewhere. I went with Dave has he undercut the other suppliers and it felt good to support someone who was part of this club. Had I have known this would be the outcome I would have simply saved some more and gone elsewhere. Your words almost imply we owe something here?

Your comment 'he picked up the "buck" when no one else could be bothered and "haynes" bodywork nearly disappeared ' is inaccurate. There are two other stable suppliers and as customers its us that are funding this venture as much as him.