Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > General discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 27th May 2013, 01:58 PM

Kev in the future when you come to use carbon wing stays (if you do decide to go that route) you can use big headed fasteners, they are quite expensive but would allow your wing to be removed from the stays without passing a bolt through the wing.

http://www.bighead.co.uk/english/pro...dbigheads.html

My Build Blog: http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2736 - Last Update: 31st October 2020

Total Spent so far: Stopped counting
Old 27th May 2013, 06:42 PM

Looks a bit close to the side wall but bloody nice though
Old 27th May 2013, 07:31 PM

Simon Simon Simon!!!!!!!!!!! do you really think that ME MOI I would BUY something like that when its just a penny wesher with a bit o allthread soldered on lol.....you ought to no me better than that lol but thanks for the heads up on that one.

dualist.....it is to be honest.... but I can get some movement outwards, once I'm through the IVA
Old 28th May 2013, 12:18 PM

Got the stays sikaflexed to the cycle wing and did some fibreglassing over the stays to reduce any chance of them parting company when in use......going to get a couple of layers unsderseal on today and then I suppose I will have to make the other ones.
Also found a pinhole in my tank (shock horror) when I tried to fill it up via a jerry can... so I tackled that last night wit a dollop of JB weld....will put another small dollop over that today and check for leak tonight.

Old 29th May 2013, 12:09 PM

undersealed and put to one side to wait for edging.
now turned my attention to brake switch, which was a very simple straightforward case of mounting a push to break switch somewhere so that the brake pedal pushes it to close the circuit (no brake light) and opens the circuit when pushed......any way the piccies say it all.

Old 29th May 2013, 05:03 PM

I had something like that brake switch but changed it for a hydraulic pressure switch. I was a bit concerned that Mr IVA man may not like the wiring around the brake pedal . However I suppose its a common thing in many production cars.
Old 30th May 2013, 01:05 PM

AJ.... wire will be covered and taped to either front firewall or tranny tunnel, the switch itself was a brake light switch of my Nissan so I see no reason why it should fail
I put 35 litres of fuel in the tank yesterday and pleased to say no more leaks and the JB weld repair is sound so my next job is fit the rear tub semi permanantly.

JB weld repair.....two healthy dollops

Old 5th June 2013, 10:58 PM

Hi Peeps ....had a few days off from the build, just felt I needed a break and it has done me the world of good .....I think sometimes you can go hell for leather too much and it can cause you to make mistakes.
Anyways ....I was not too happy with my brake pipe arrangement under the tank, when I planned them I did not take into account the HB cable, and two fuel pipes being crammed into one small area, so I decided to make a short cupro nickel pipe and have my t piece just behind the diff .....all done now and much happier now I have better clearance between pipes.
Also have made a start on ally panelling inside rear bit first....will get that riveted in tomorrow.
slightly off topic.....gonna be enjoying a few drinks in the sunshine over the next few weeks.....just finished a 25 litre wash (alcohol) of 20% ABV at around 40p litre

Old 6th June 2013, 11:43 PM

Thats one serious quantity of hooch kev , go steady

Bob

The cave http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/my...deshow/mancave

The build http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12669
Old 7th June 2013, 12:14 PM

Thats nowt Bob, I nearly always put another one on the go after I have bottled up......turbo yeasts and activated carbon have made home brew so easy....you dont even need as much sterilisation as the alcohol is strong enough to kill spoilage organisms