Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 15th March 2014, 10:23 PM

Default Deepfolly is no more

Just got the bill from 1&1 for hosting my web site, I am sick and tired of paying top whack while they give sites to new customers for 2 parts the square root of sod all so I have terminated my build site. Some of you persuaded me to keep it last time the bill came in but I can't justify spending dosh on it when I need it for gaskets and steel and other build essentials.
Sorry to those of you that used it as a reference, I know there are one or two of you. I may post on here occasionally but as my build has moved so far away from the Roadster concept it's probably not relevant.
So, best of luck to all you builders, keep up the great work, I look forward to reading about your creations coming to life.
Dave
Old 15th March 2014, 10:39 PM

It's a real pitty. I have really enjoyed looking at your build and thinking about what the car will finally look like. We all have a hybrid version of a haynes roadster anyway, we all change bits, it's what makes us stand out from the crowd, who wants to have an identical car ? Not me ! Keep going Enoch, I am building an mx5 roadster, so does that mean that I should also vacate the forum ?
Old 16th March 2014, 01:00 AM

Why don't you just move your domain/website. Fast Hosts are really good and easy to deal with and not extortionate.
Old 17th March 2014, 09:12 PM

I cant understand how you are paying so much. I pay less than £ 4 a month for a load of webspace and have got so much unused space I now have several mates sites hosted on there. Its so cheap theres no point in getting them to chip in, they just sort out their own domain name registration which is about five quid a year for a .co.uk.

How some of these web design companies justify charging so much for something thats so cheap and simple amazes me.
Old 18th March 2014, 09:14 AM

Thanks for the replies guys. Every year it just went up and up and is now near on 60 quid for each web site - I had 3 hosted with them and can't justify that spend when I could use the money on gaskets and stuff.
I cancelled the contract and they took the sites down immediately but then still took the payment 2 days later
I phoned them up and they blamed me for cancelling too late but would refund the money "as a good will gesture". Kind of tells me what sort of company they are. Don't think I will ever be dealing with them again.
I will sort something out with regards to a new site but I am very busy with work at the moment. I have not touched the car for quite some time now but hope to get back to it soon.
Dave.