Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Chassis
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 22nd December 2010, 12:12 PM

Default Flat pack chassis kits

My chassis kits have always been competitively priced & with the increase in VAT soon I,ve purchased 1000mtrs of steel at pre VAT increase price so that I can maintain the current price of my kits.

The steel is "on call" at 24hrs notice ( or 72hrs if a weekend gets in the way ), once I have used my current stock of steel I will then keep a close eye on the Steel Market & try my best to keep the current price of the kits ongoing.

The kits include ALL the box section steel required to build the main frame of the chassis, including the transmission tunnel frame, a choice of the TYPE 9 or MT75 fitment,

A choice of rear tub layout to accept either the "Book Spec" ali tub frame or the framework to accept a GRP rear tub available from Saturn Sports Cars.

The front frame is supplied fully welded which saves the builder the need of making a front frame jig.

ALL the angles are cut ( including all compound angles ) & each end of the tubes have the cut angle identified & the "Part number" identified in the middle of the tube which makes for easy orientation of the part when constructing the kit with the aid of the "book" plans.

Also included in the kit is "Spare Steel" in each box section dimensions cut to the longest length used within the chassis so that if a builder makes a mistake ( said respectfully ) when constructing the kit they have enough spare steel to Re make the part.

If a builder runs out of spare steel (for the above reason) then they can contact me & I will supply the offending part fully cut to correct dimensions for just the cost of postage of that part.

If a part is supplied incorrect (unlikely, but I,m only human ) then I will resupply the part Free of charge & free postage.

The Flat Pack Chassis Kit price is £230+ £35 postage.

contact info.......andyroadster@yahoo.co.uk

cheers
andy

Last edited by HandyAndy : 22nd December 2010 at 01:59 PM.
Old 22nd December 2010, 12:52 PM

Its nice to know that alot of suppliers have taken steps to avoid the compulsary increase in vat. One of the governments great ideas which hits those with lower earnings more.
Old 22nd December 2010, 01:49 PM

Well done Andy, very good move - how many chassis packs will that make? sure you will know down to the decimal place.

We're holding off VAT registration as long as possible at Saturn so no VAT to pay for customers yet but when it does come it shouldn't be too bad as we can offset most of it as we can remove VAT paid on our suppliers its just the labour element that would accrue VAT.

Keep it Up.....AndyH

Regards..........AndyH
Old 22nd December 2010, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud69 View Post
Well done Andy, very good move - how many chassis packs will that make? sure you will know down to the decimal place.

We're holding off VAT registration as long as possible at Saturn so no VAT to pay for customers yet but when it does come it shouldn't be too bad as we can offset most of it as we can remove VAT paid on our suppliers its just the labour element that would accrue VAT.

Keep it Up.....AndyH
Andy, don't get caught out like I nearly did with VAT registration. It runs on a rolling 12 month turnover not your financial year's turnover which is what I had thought till my accountant put me right. VAT registration is not difficult if you have a good accountant and if you use Sage for your accounts it does all the calculations for you, its just signing the cheques that hurts . You will also have to include VAT on the items you sell.

Hope you don't think I'm trying to teach me granny to suck eggs, D.
Old 22nd December 2010, 02:38 PM

Nice thought there Andy

People shouldn't be too worried about the VAT increase though; in real terms at £250 you'll only be charging an extra £6.25... Barely enough for two pints these days is it?

Matt

My build diary. http://www.mx5-locost.co.uk
Old 22nd December 2010, 03:29 PM

Its not that bad when you say £6.25 per £250 extra .still means £300 all in on something priced at £250 then delivery calculate how much vat you pay a year just living add the fact its the bankers fault WE all have to pay because they messed it all up doesnt seem all that fair. And then they get a nice bonus or announce huge profits

System stinks if you ask me !!

scrooge

And £7 buys 8 pints if you got the supermarket
Old 22nd December 2010, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey View Post
Andy, don't get caught out like I nearly did with VAT registration. It runs on a rolling 12 month turnover not your financial year's turnover which is what I had thought till my accountant put me right. VAT registration is not difficult if you have a good accountant and if you use Sage for your accounts it does all the calculations for you, its just signing the cheques that hurts . You will also have to include VAT on the items you sell.

Hope you don't think I'm trying to teach me granny to suck eggs, D.
No problem at all, thanks Davey. We started off slow and increasing every month so i would guestimate that June / July we'll have hit the target. The only daunting thing is the extra paperwork and the 3 monthly deadline plus the VAT man can be much more brutal than tax man.

Don't want to hijack andy's thread but the NI contributions get me wound up more. They never used to be so bad but my last few years in employment, 7 years ago, i was on a good wage and paying a fortune in NI so that and tax it was hardly worth it.

All the Breast Andy......AndyH

Regards..........AndyH
Old 22nd December 2010, 05:29 PM

Cheers guys

Just trying to ensure that by buying the steel prior to the VAT increase I can carry on supplying the kits at the current price, & on the plus side its nice to have the stock of steel "on hand" at a days notice or there abouts without having to wait too long for it etc.

I agree that the increase in VAT would only add a couple of £,s but it all helps.

Spud........That quantity of steel should safely cover the next 20 kits ...... as I supply spare steel in the kits I like to allow 50mtrs per kit...........I,ll have to weigh in all the offcuts & buy a round of doughnuts at Stoneleigh for everyone

cheers
andy
Old 22nd December 2010, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterob View Post
Its not that bad when you say £6.25 per £250 extra .still means £300 all in on something priced at £250 then delivery calculate how much vat you pay a year just living add the fact its the bankers fault WE all have to pay because they messed it all up doesnt seem all that fair. And then they get a nice bonus or announce huge profits

System stinks if you ask me !!

scrooge

And £7 buys 8 pints if you got the supermarket

thats the problem with this country, all the iddiots saying its only another £6.50. how many more only £6.50's will it take before people realise we are getting taken up the backside by our own government. The saying "ITS ONLY" is what got us in the mess we are in at the moment, its not only £6.50! IT IS £6.50!!!. £6.50 is 5 meals for someone on a low income!!

i frequent america and sales tax isnt displayed on the item price on the shelf it is calculated at the till. i asked an american why dont they do it like us and the reply was "we want to know exactly what we are being taxed and by who". they have local and state taxes on items (roughly 12-13% in total). and trust me if they try to raise taxes in america people dont just bend over and take it, they ask why and expect proof, not just because so and so politician said it should be raised.

i can see what happened in Ireland happening here. Ireland hiked up its vat a few years back so everyone went out of their way to avoid paying it. they are now bust borrowing to stay afloat as their government has no money to spend on all the do-gooders and beggars

Andy well done for being on the ball and for saving people a few pounds to be used for something else

My Pictures
http://s707.photobucket.com/user/ashgardiner/profile/

Last edited by AshG : 22nd December 2010 at 05:51 PM.
Old 22nd December 2010, 06:00 PM

Probably not a popular viewpoint but I didn't hear anyone complaining when VAT was reduced to 15% a year or so ago and we were told quite plainly that a later rise to 20% was a likely consequence.

As the politician said "we're all in it together" its just some of us are in "it" a bit deeper than him.

D.