Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 18th October 2009, 09:13 PM

Default Saturn Sports Cars Ltd - SSC

As some of you will be aware, over the last few months i have been putting together a new business venture called "Saturn Sports Cars Ltd". Well from the 1st November the company will officially be up and running and ready to take any orders. The business is based in Hartlepool (heard all the monkey jokes) and will be providing services based on the Haynes Roadster concept by Chris Gibbs. We are currently securing a 120sqm unit fully equipped solely for operating Saturn from. Saturn will be producing roadster cars based on the Haynes Roadster but branded as SSC and also chassis, components and parts for other builders. Please feel free to have a look at the preview website www.saturnsportscars.co.uk/preview and we would welcome any feedback you may have (positive or negative). Please ignore the "stores" page as this is not finished yet and there is more to add. I believe that this company and service will be a major benefit to the Haynes Roadster brand going forward with the current roadster and other ventures going forward. Other services will be added to the website as they are developed.

From the onset "HandyAndy" will be on board with Saturn and will still be providing chassis packs under his own name but working from Saturn. As i'm sure you all know Andy has a major standing in the community and will be a great asset to Saturn and greatly assist in developing the brand as Haynes and Saturn. Andy will continue to provide his excellent chassis packs to all.

As part of the service a new addition will be to produce and provide the Gel coated body sets previously supplied by Mark at Triton Race Products, Saturn are in negotiations with Mark to purchase the moulds which will be handed over in the coming week. Prices for the sets will remain the same as well as quality and service previously provided by Mark. Mark is handing over the production of seats to his daughter and son-in-law who will continue to produce the Triton seats. Saturn will also be developing a body set based on the AC Cobra / shelby style kit for use on the Haynes chassis. Work will also continue in the development of the body set for the Single Seater car currently in the design and development stage by Chris Gibbs. These are part of the handover from Mark and will be used in the new design by Chris.

Please feel free to raise any concerns or queries that anybody may have prior to the website and business officially starting on the 1st November 2009

Best Regards....Andrew Hugill and HandyAndy

Now i've got that out the way i'm off to the pub for a few celebratory drinks for Jenson's success.....
Old 18th October 2009, 09:21 PM
Super Moderator

should be interesting
Old 18th October 2009, 09:21 PM

Default May I be the first to wish you well

Excellent and well done.

I wish I had the coconuts to do something like that.

Saved in my favourites and I will watch you grow.

Good luck

Cheers Ginge

I was building but I am not now!

Build Pictures

Build Thread
Old 18th October 2009, 09:24 PM

All i have to say is wow . Sounds like you've got it all sorted, you dont happen to need any part time help from an inexperienced labourer do you?

One comment i do have to make is, i feel that you should change the first image on the website to the second one, as i personally feel it looks better.

My Build Blog: http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2736 - Last Update: 31st October 2020

Total Spent so far: Stopped counting
Old 18th October 2009, 10:10 PM
fabbyglass

It was a hard decision for me to make but one that had to be done, that or go fruit loop

I would like to wish the two Andy's all the best with things and a bright future with their new venture.

Ed and Emma will work together producing the seats and intend keeping seats in stock. Stock items will be in black with colours to order. The website will be altered shortly with contact details etc.

Tickety boo all round really and chuffed to bits all the hard work over the last 18 months or so is to be carried on by perhaps more enthusiastic loons than me....
Old 18th October 2009, 10:30 PM

I'd like to wish the two Andys good luck with their new venture and place on record my thanks to Mark for all his hard work in aiding the promotion of the Roadster book and his recent work on the single seater.

It's much appreciated mate, I owe you a few pints.

Cheers

Chris
Old 18th October 2009, 11:28 PM

Best of luck for your new venture, i'm sure will have geat success with it.

Will Saturn Sports Cars be at the Exeter Show.
Old 19th October 2009, 09:26 AM

Default good luck!

the website looks very good. congrats!
hope it goes well for you both.
davie
Old 19th October 2009, 10:48 AM

We,d like to say thanks to all for your kind words of support & the messages of wishing us good luck & success for Saturn Sports Cars Ltd,

its an exciting time for us both, one we are both eager to embark upon, & relish the challenge of making Saturn a resounding success.

again, many thanks for your support.

cheers
Andy
Old 19th October 2009, 11:00 AM

Hi, I want to add my congrats to you and Handyandy.

It looks like a great venture, and I'm sure it will do well.
Not only to supply a complete car ready to go,
for those without the time or know how to build it themselves.
But also to supply all the parts as a one off,
so a builder can buy them as budget allows.

I like the look of your web site as well.
Nice and easy to use, with all the info there
without having to klick dozens of windows to get where you want to be.

On a personal note.
If you could find an easy way of getting it registered in France.
It would make it perfek....

David