Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29th May 2009, 12:07 PM

Unhappy I'm bored but i have a plan

As above. I've spent the last 4 years self emplyed, my own boss, but due to a downturn in work i'm now sat back behind a desk waiting for 5 o'clock. Anyway i have a plan.

What's the consensus of opinion for being a part time builder for the roadster and selling these on, probably through piston heads, as a new car. I have somebody who can rent me some garage space and i now have the knowledge and tools to build the Haynes to a good standard. I need to carry on working for a while to clear my overdraft but while i do this i could build another roadster with a view to selling then eventually ditch work to do this full time.

Last time i talked to MNR and Great British Sports Cars (Robin Hood) they both said they have never been busier and i know i can undercut them on price with spec just as good. The cars will be the same as mine through iva with cvh engine then upgraded to a brand new zetec on carbs / throttle bodies. Or would it be better to go for a new registration rather than age related?

Anybody considered this or got any experience, or would there be any problems using the Haynes design to sell on.