Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7th December 2009, 02:22 PM

02 Dec 09
I managed the passenger side upper suspension and roll bar mount today, again only two hours in the garage. The suspension mount is quite a complicated piece of construction, it was quite enjoyable getting it right.

[IMG][/IMG]
03 Dec 09
I got the two suspension and roll bar mounts welded to the chassis today and also cut the ends of an AshG roll bar and got it welded on.
I have made a start on the very rear end using the plans from Dave, Mark(Gus) from the forum and so far it all looks good, thanks men.

[IMG][/IMG]
04 Dec 09
Friday morning and up at 04.30hrs to drive around the M25 to Kent to see Ash, we had a great day and I learnt loads also picked up the steel for the up-rights for the roll bar and the oval section for the head mounts.

05 Dec 09
No really work just spent some time removing weld splatter.

06 Dec 09
Works Christmas do last night so no work today felt like poo all day. I did manage to ‘win’ a Ford Sierra on Ebay. Finally it is a 1.8 CVH, good for a Zetec conversion later. I shot over to pay for it this evening and will pick it up tomorrow. Chuffed to bits to finally have a Sierra and it only cost me £150.

07 Dec 09
What a laugh this morning. Nicky and I drove over to get the Sierra. Firstly it didn’t start but luckily it was parked on a hill so I just dropped the hand break and rolled it to bump it, no pushing required, then it ran out of petrol on the way home, so back home, back to the Sierra, then it wouldn’t start again so out with the jump leads in the pouring rain with Nicky sat in the Renault laughing at me. We did finally get it home, it runs and pulls well. The battery is now charging.
[IMG][/IMG]
I am going to keep an eye on the weather as I will be dismantling the Sierra on the drive and I am not doing it in the rain! Air box of first then loads of pictures and loosen the rear hub nuts!

I was building but I am not now!

Build Pictures

Build Thread