Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2nd October 2017, 07:50 PM

Default Lads,I've got a great idea......

Lads, I've got a great idea...
As most of you know I've been at this a fair few years now (it might be at least 10...) and as long as I'm physically able I will continue to produce parts. Now most of us have seen suppliers come and go usually leaving another few builders high and dry with out parts and out of pocket, in the past I've offered to fill these orders with your charitable help with material and shipping costs.
Now to be honest things are quite tight money wise for Talon just now as it's just after the 6 week summer holidays and you lot don't spend it on builds during that period....How ever I do have quite a lot of time on my hands over the next 2 months and I'd like to try and restore some faith in the community as a whole and myself as a supplier.
So to the daft plan I've come up with... If I can get the list of what body parts are owed and to whom I'm willing to supply my version of it providing the cost of the materials and the consumables are met by very kind donations of you lot the Roadster building community.
To be very clear about this I will not be giving any body a financial refund just supplying the parts that are owed. Last time I organised some thing like this a typical donation was £10-30 via Paypal friends and family and the community brought 'Iron doctor' on the Haynes Forum a flatpack.
The rest of how this goes is very much down to the people that reply to this post, I'll leave it with you.......Phil@Talon Motor Fabrication.

Edit: A full list of forum user names and the total will be updated and published every so often so that donation amounts will be private but every thing else will be made public, I don't want people thinking I'm running off with any thing. There are currently 225 members on the Facebook Roadster page even if half donated £10 you could save a fellow builder from pain and suffering in a 3rd world garage in the middle of Surrey....

Direct email talonmotorfabrication@gmail.com

Last edited by TalonMotorFabrication : 3rd October 2017 at 07:21 AM.
Old 4th October 2017, 12:42 PM

This post must have been seen by every body by now so with not a single reply I'll consider this offer dead then.....

Direct email talonmotorfabrication@gmail.com
Old 4th October 2017, 02:11 PM

Everyone may be still be too angry by what has happened top think about putting more money into it.
Old 1st November 2017, 10:56 AM

I'm going to use the excuse that I really don't check into the forum often enough...

I'm currently owed basically a full body from VMax and think this is a fantastic offer! However I tend towards blind optimism and am obstinately clinging onto the vague hope that I might still get my order

It's great to know that there are still generous suppliers clinging in there.

p.s. If I ever face reality and re-order a bodykit, I suspect I will be heading your way Talon

http://www.flickr.com/photos/oscarss/sets/
Old 7th November 2017, 02:29 PM

Nice idea Phil, I don't check this forum much anymore as I though it was getting shut down.