Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 8th October 2011, 09:32 PM

Angry pattern forming

there is no support for GTS on this forum Darren George has ripped way too many people off there are hundreds of people that have paid for stuff and received nothing.

There was an issue on here recently of triton not delivering seats after 2 years of payment being received. Has this been resolved ?

Above are quotes from other posts, are there any more like these???

Bob

The cave http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/my...deshow/mancave

The build http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12669
Old 8th October 2011, 10:32 PM
Super Moderator

GTS has History that's easily found.

The triton thing should be left between Mark, Triton and GeeMan to resolve.

KPD - I had no problem, some have had issues. Stems from their split with GBS.

Regardless of what/where you buy from. Do it with credit card.

We should be careful on public forums not to damage reputations, a small number of issues may be detramental to a business, in this respect Haynes could be liable.

TT

Build Thread

Man Cave Mantiques

Cecil Street Auto Repairs Garage Carlisle

Build Cost £4181.65 - Last - Wheel Cylinders
Old 9th October 2011, 09:22 AM

I reckon the problems occur when they advertise stuff they dont have in stock.If when ordering the gear from the suppliers you make them check stock they really cant make excuses for piss poor service.Its like the vodoo seat thing, they are only saying that they have the moulds, not a great big stack of seats for sale yet they are advertising the product. They could be weeks away or even months. Spud and talon are honest in what they say and do , we could do with a few more like them

Bob

Old 9th October 2011, 09:55 AM

So many experts yet little knowledge on the aspects of business.
Old 9th October 2011, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robo View Post
I reckon the problems occur when they advertise stuff they dont have in stock.If when ordering the gear from the suppliers you make them check stock they really cant make excuses for piss poor service.Its like the vodoo seat thing, they are only saying that they have the moulds, not a great big stack of seats for sale yet they are advertising the product. They could be weeks away or even months. Spud and talon are honest in what they say and do , we could do with a few more like them

Bob
Hello, not having a go, but I do think that this observation is a tad unfair.

Firstly, there are a lot of very very big companies that take orders before their products are ready .... take a look at Boeing and the Dream liner for instance. Completely boeings fault, but definitely something that happens in business regardless of business size.

Secondly, there is a very good reason that some companies do not hold the stock. Firstly there is the money that would be tied up in the actual products and secondly there is the physical space that would be needed to store it. Both of these factors cost money .... and hence for a smaller business could be the difference between success and failure. Finally I would rather a product like the seat is made to order ... because then it means it hasn't sat around a workshop/store room potentially getting damaged.

I think Vodou have just taken over this aspect of production and hence it is a little early to start getting at them on their service .... unless I have missed something else.

As I said at the start .... don't want to start a whole argument on this, but there are valid reasons for not holding stock.

Finally .... I do not know any of the suppliers here (Talon, Spud, Voudo), the only one I had any contact was 3ge when it was going .... and I found them great.

Cheers,

Jonathan
Old 9th October 2011, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

Standard Business Mechanics..

Cost of Holding Vs Cost of Ordering.

Economic Order quantity,

JIT, QOH, QOO, QOI and Reorder levels.

Fast pace, retail price driven business has made getting the above correct the key to making a profit.

TT

Build Thread

Man Cave Mantiques

Old 9th October 2011, 11:04 AM

Thumbs up

Thought I might have a bit of input.

Whilst I am a little disapointed that we seem to be getting damned before doing any wrong I am a firm believer in people being entitled to their opinion.

I think that this issue is very important and it is right to be questioning the ethics of some companies and keeping the rest on their toes! As consumers we do tend to just bend over and get shafted, also in this current climate money is hard to come by so you are or should be more protective where purchases are concerned and ask questions.

Vodou is a fledgling business and we are working very hard to try to make a success of it. I make no secret of the fact that I am unable to sustain life on Vodou alone, in fact have many thousands of pounds of my own money tied up in it and have a normal job to keep the wolves from the door. For the last 6 months I have worked 37.5 hrs a week then come home and spent the evenings and weekends on the Vodou project which is why it is taking a long time for me to build up a rep like that of Andy or Phil.

We've made a start on trying to help fellow builders out by designing, drawing and distributing the MX5 plans; that took a lot of time and a surprising amount of headache pills - we've distributed them for free, where we could have kept the design and used it on out own kit, something I had hoped would demonstrate our commitment to the scene.

I am personally in control of Vodou, I have partners who are involved in the creative side of things but I will say this here and now: I am responsible for the reputation of my company, I will be making sure that orders are fulfilled and that my customers are happy, if you have a legitimate gripe I will deal with it myself in the words of President Truman "The buck stops here"

In summary; keep questioning people willing to take your money in return for goods and services, it's healthy, but do me a favour and at least let me screw somebody over before damning me.
Old 9th October 2011, 11:06 AM

In all the years I was self employed I never ever kept stock of parts that were either fabricated or laminated. The only parts I kept in stock were things like ball joints and bushes as cheaper to buy in bulk.

I was always that busy making seats I couldn't keep stock, they went out as fast as I could make them. But those years doing that ruined my shoulder so two years ago I gave up. Andy at Saturn bought the Roadster moulds and took on the single seater while my daughter took on doing seats.(hence my cock up with young geeman)

If you offer 70 plus colours of gel there is no way anyone can make 70 different panel sets in the hope that someone will buy them.
Even the suppliers don't keep 70 gel colours on the shelf they have to order most of them.

99% of Kit Car firms are run by rose tinted glasses types and I fell into the same category, you do it because you enjoy it not because you can make a lot of money because you can't! If it pays the bills and puts food on the table like any other mundane job then it's cool but it's hard graft.

The other thing, if it was easy there would be more doing it.
Old 9th October 2011, 11:21 AM

Customer service. The most important thing, I dont think anyone here cares to much if they order something and its a few weeks down the road before they recieve it. What most people hate is the total lack of communication after their hard earned has been parted with.I recently got a new laptop that went tits up after a week, i phoned the helpline who issued me with their carriers ups acc number so i sent it off , the same number turned up in my emails and was sent as a text, next day text and email to say it had arrived and was being processed, 2 days later a text and email to say it was fixed and being dispatched next day, then a text and an email with the ups tracking number telling me it was being returned. All over the top but an example of how things can be done. Some poor sod on here has been waiting for his seats for two years after paying for them with no contact from the seller , no returned calls or emails , a big nothing.

Bob

Old 9th October 2011, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by robo View Post
Customer service. The most important thing, I dont think anyone here cares to much if they order something and its a few weeks down the road before they recieve it. What most people hate is the total lack of communication after their hard earned has been parted with.I recently got a new laptop that went tits up after a week, i phoned the helpline who issued me with their carriers ups acc number so i sent it off , the same number turned up in my emails and was sent as a text, next day text and email to say it had arrived and was being processed, 2 days later a text and email to say it was fixed and being dispatched next day, then a text and an email with the ups tracking number telling me it was being returned. All over the top but an example of how things can be done. Some poor sod on here has been waiting for his seats for two years after paying for them with no contact from the seller , no returned calls or emails , a big nothing.

Bob
Try Dealing With HP. One of the biggest computer manufacturers in the world. We have ~1500 devices. Including some very very expensive pieces of kit. Their service is usually appalling. One of those CRITICAL expensive pices of kit was on 4hr response, took 4 days to get it fixed.

TT

Build Thread

Man Cave Mantiques