Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 8th December 2010, 11:40 PM

I need to order chassis material before the end of this week to fill my current orders. As it's more cost effective to buy in bulk and set a machine up once to do a batch run of compound angles on the mill,what I don't sell I'll keep as stock.
Would any body be interested in a group buy of 5 basic flat packs for the asking price of £200 a go plus £40 p+p delivered in time for chrimbo?
What I mean by basic is the main outer chassis rails, tunnel for type 9, rear suspension cage up to RS14 , the top suspension CP plates and a complete set of suspension brackets. Click on the link to my ebay shop to see pics of what I mean by basic chassis.

If any body is interested I need to know by mid day friday please.

1. gtipping + RP1/2 3/4 CP8x2 sold
2. Doogle fully assembled? On hold Jan
3. John.W sold
4. Ebay member sold

Direct email phil@talonmotorfabrication.co.uk

talonmotorfabrication@gmail.com

Mobile office hours 07514098334

Last edited by Talonmotorsport : 10th December 2010 at 02:42 PM.
Old 17th December 2010, 08:59 PM

Well just got back from Phil's place, overshot the turning on the way out as I was enjoying the winding Essex roads too much. It brought back memories of my youth as I grew up in that neck of the woods.

I am now the proud owner of a pile of metal all cut to length and ready to weld, Oh - I think its called a flat pack chassis !!. Its currently on the kitchen floor as its too bloody cold to carry it all down the garden to the workshop (shed). The Mrs won't complain till we have visitors on Sunday.

Many to thanks to Phil who has not only provided a great product at a great price but also and endless amount of advice on the best way to set about things once I got home. I am sure I won't remember it all but as Phil said he is only a phone call away.

Had a good look at some of the other stuff Phil has to offer such as up right and wishbone kits, and think I may well be making a few trips over to his place in the future.

Anyway that's may Christmas pressie from the inlaws can't wait to see what else I get from my tool, - sorry - Xmas list.
Old 17th December 2010, 10:22 PM

Best of luck with the welding mate you're certainly braver than me, I bought my chassis fully welded and powdercoated, forgive me though I served my apprenticeship as an electrician