Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 6th November 2011, 10:15 PM

Default roadster christmas raffle 2011 all for charity

I was thinking this morning this place needs some fun and do gooding thing so i had this idea of a charity raffle where any of us can donate money and/or items into a raffle so we can have fun and raise money.
I sent a text out to a few people i know and all thought it was a good idea so here's how it goes.
If you would like to add an item into the raffle simply add your name and what your donating to the prize list. People who buy a ticket could win, then it can be sent direct to them at end of raffle.
If you would like to buy a ticket you make a donation to http://www.justgiving.com/haynes-roadster-raffle-2011 and every £2 you donate gives you one ticket. Please add your forum name so I can see who has donated what and ticket numbers will be added in sequence. 100% of all monies goes to Cancer Research UK
number of tickets is unlimited.
At the end winning tickets will be picked at random and you will be contacted if you win.
* draw date 27/12/11 * (extended from 20/12/11 for ckc readers)
*if a moderator could sticky this please that would be great*

prize list
1. one new clutch cable to suit std book pedalbox to type9 gearbox from baz-r (postage inc)
2. selection of loctite (nut lock etc.) products all new from baz-r (postage inc)
3. front and rear wishbones in 2mm ERW with rear adjusters from Talon(postage inc )
4. 1 pair of fabricated rear uprights set at 30' to suit drums and disks from Talon (postage inc)
5. 1 basic haynes chassis in 1.6mm ERW up to RS14 includes suspension brackets and choice of tunel from Talon [u](collection/delivery to be arranged by winner
6. Vodou nose/bonnet scuttle combination in winners choice of colour from the range on offer.
7. dunlop caster camber kingpin gauge from vmax1974
8. 1 Year Complete Kit Car subscription and goody bag
9. Hairyhedgehog Haynes Roadster Hoodie in black with white image.
10. 1 set of 100% stainless steel flexible brake hoses (stainless steel fittings swaged on stainless steel braided Teflon hose), 4 hoses (2 rear, 2 front) for any car or any other specification. Manufacturer : Exact France.

Last edited by baz-r : 21st December 2011 at 12:51 PM. Reason: draw date
Old 6th November 2011, 11:02 PM

I thought about doing this awhile ago, as this is going to a cause that is very close to my family I'd like to offer up the following as prizes. The only thing I will say is that who ever gets the 'it's blindlingly obvious it can't be sent via royal mail' will either have to collect it or pay for the courier charges.

prize list
1. one new clutch cable to suit std book pedalbox to type9 gearbox from baz-r (postage inc)
2. selection of loctite (nut lock etc.) products all new from baz-r (postage inc)
3. front and rear wishbones in 2mm ERW with rear adjusters from Talon(postage inc )
4. 1 pair of fabricated rear uprights set at 30' to suit drums and disks from Talon (postage inc)
5. 1 basic haynes chassis in 1.6mm ERW up to RS14 includes suspension brackets and choice of tunel from Talon (collection/delivery to be arranged by winner)

Direct email phil@talonmotorfabrication.co.uk

talonmotorfabrication@gmail.com

Mobile office hours 07514098334
Old 6th November 2011, 11:09 PM

Great idea Barry, and a good cause too, Cancer Research is a charity close to my heart.

The guys at Vodou (Matt, MarkA, MarkB and myself) would like to donate a bonnet/nosecone & scuttle as a prize. We'll supply a voucher so the lucky winner can chose the colour of the parts.

Good luck with the donations.

prize list
5. 1 basic haynes chassis in 1.6mm ERW up to RS14 includes suspension brackets and choice of tunel from Talon [u](collection/delivery to be arranged by winner
6. Vodou nose/bonnet scuttle combination in winners choice of colour from the range on offer.

TK

Last edited by trick-kit : 6th November 2011 at 11:16 PM.
Old 6th November 2011, 11:20 PM

big thankyou to all at vodou and talon thease are some real big prizes

Last edited by baz-r : 6th November 2011 at 11:23 PM. Reason: list added
Old 7th November 2011, 07:31 AM

please please please put your forum name in your donation message so i can find you when you win (dont panic your message can be edited after)

also its £2 a ticket so if you donate an odd amount of money then the change will just go to charity (£5= 2 tickets + £1 just to charity)

thanks

Last edited by baz-r : 7th November 2011 at 07:47 AM. Reason: donation message can be edited info
Old 7th November 2011, 10:47 AM

Baz, Can folk donate and NOT be in the draw as wouldn't be cricket to win something they donated..?

Cracking idea by the way
Old 7th November 2011, 12:00 PM

Donated
Old 7th November 2011, 12:49 PM

Great idea!
Done
Old 7th November 2011, 01:13 PM

Whens the draw?
Great Idea more than happy to give to Cancer Research UK.
Old 7th November 2011, 03:40 PM

Donation Made