Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Chassis
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 16th August 2009, 01:53 PM

Thanks from all of us to those of you who have the information and are prepared to share!
Old 17th October 2011, 11:59 PM

I realize this thread is over 2 years old but it is the only one that partially address a question I have: Fig 4.6 (p36) and the Appendix (p162) show FF4 as 630, but Fig 4.8 (p38) show that same area being 627. Talonmotorsports asked the question on page 1 and as far as I can tell it hasn't been answered anywhere.

Are TR1 and TR2 supposed to be spaced out so that the ends are 627 apart from each other, and 1.5mm inward from the each end of FF4 like Fig 4.8? Or are they supposed to be lined up with the outer edges of FF4?

I'm finding that if TR1 and TR2 are lined up with the outer edges of FF4 at 630 then TR8 and TR9 are slightly larger than they should be according to the Appendix. I think TR8 should be even with BR10, but they're not with this layout.

One other random question: some measurement on the figures have '=' on both sides. Why? Im located in the US so this could just be uncommon to me. Thank you for any help.
Old 18th October 2011, 01:32 AM

If you make it 630mm then you will be better off as you will not have to put packers behind your front wishbone brackets on U1 and U2 to get them aligned.

Dont have my book with me so cant answer the others from memory.

"=" means its equal about the centreline.Therefore if its 630mm overall then its 315mm either side of centre.
Old 18th October 2011, 06:23 PM

Thanks for the quick response. It seems that if TR1 and TR2 630mm apart, adjustments have to adjust TR8 and TR9 making them a little wider than they should be. Also if BR10 and TR8 are supposed to be the same size, making TR8 wider would mean U3 and U6 are no longer at the 90* angles. Is the alternative of spacing them at 627 and using packers really that bad?

I know it may seem like I'm paying too muck attention to such minute details, but I just want to make sure I adhere to the intended design as much as possible with the least amount of changes. Just like everyone else I want my car to be perfect.