Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Donor cars
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 27th September 2009, 09:00 PM

Question BMW build diary?

I am seriously tempted to go down the BMW route, primary due to the lack of decent Sierra's around. I have been check the usual sites daily for used Sierra's (currently about 12 sites) and no luck yet as I would preferbly like a 2.0 pinto (which I know are getting rarer by the day)

Just wondered if anyone could point me at a BMW build diary as I may consider going for a 3 series donor. I have the link to Sam's V8 and he's coming along but I was looking for something a bit further down the build pipeline

Cheers
Matt
Old 27th September 2009, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidtornado View Post
I am seriously tempted to go down the BMW route, primary due to the lack of decent Sierra's around. I have been check the usual sites daily for used Sierra's (currently about 12 sites) and no luck yet as I would preferbly like a 2.0 pinto (which I know are getting rarer by the day)

Just wondered if anyone could point me at a BMW build diary as I may consider going for a 3 series donor. I have the link to Sam's V8 and he's coming along but I was looking for something a bit further down the build pipeline

Cheers
Matt
Y not just use whatever Sierra you can find, then change to a 2.0 later on, or use a zetec? You may have more chance of finding a 2.0 pinto as an engine, rather than still in a car

There is a lot more help/info around on the sierra. If you choose to go down the BMW route you will be doing a lot more design/head scratching yourself.

Sean
Old 27th September 2009, 09:46 PM

If its of any interest and your not desperate for an age related plate. I'll be selling my 205 pinto and 2.0 pinto in the next week or 2.

Sierra's do pop up on ebay fairly regular