Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Engine/transmission
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12th March 2010, 12:34 PM

Hi Andy,
Thats the chart I have so you should be ok as the Haynes Roadster is not on the Analyser data base or In-service manual so they can have no exact match for exhaust emissions. (the database is from the type approval specs for each mass produced vehicle when approved-data submitted by OEMs.)
As the haynes roadster won't be there the test will default to non cat emissions.

Russ,
The vehicle effective date in the case of the haynes roadster is the date of the engine used. (Why they're so fussy about proff of the engines age).You could use a '93 Ford Ranger engine is you wanted and as there's no EU emissions spec for it, it would have to go non cat.

The above is why the correct details on your log book are needed as the MOT test is based on the vehicle description in the log book.

I think some people have got confused thinking the vehicle description for the emissions test is for the engines donor vehicle not the vehicle being presented for test.
This chart is the same one as the SVA one and plenty of people got pre '95 engines through without cats.

HTH BV.

PS sorry Andy just re read your post. Yes if the donor cars engine had not cat the in it would also go through on non cat test.
Didn't mean to get you into hot water over the link to IVA bloke but your contact there would be a good way of checking on this.

Last edited by Big Vern : 12th March 2010 at 12:39 PM.
Old 12th March 2010, 12:49 PM

Brill, thanks mate that makes sense, it can get so confusing!

Im thinking that a CVH/Pinto route still seems to be the easiest route, as i will end up with a Zetec i think
Old 12th March 2010, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_16v View Post

Im thinking that a CVH/Pinto route still seems to be the easiest route, as i will end up with a Zetec i think
if you will go to Zetec eventually, be aware that the exhaust on a pinto is on the drivers side, but the cvh & zetec are both on the passenger side, if poss go with a cvh as when you fit a zetec you,ll have the exhaust on the same side & won,t need to cut more holes in the side panel of the body

hth.

cheers
andy
Old 12th March 2010, 01:12 PM

Cheers Andy, CVH it is then!

Unless i can wangle saying an early Zetec came in a non cat car which i think is pretty much impossible!