Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Donor cars
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18th April 2012, 05:05 PM

Lightbulb Build a sports car for £250!

I built a Ron Champion Locost and was going to build another with a friend who ended up going to Germany to work. I did amass the majority of the major parts for the second one which I really must admit I am not going to build now. I therefore want to sell off the bits as a job lot to give someone else a head start.

What I have is a book chassis, a Capri back axle, a 1.6 Pinto with Type 9 gearbox, a propshaft needing a new hardy-spicer, a pair of sierra uprights and adapters, aset of Laser alloys needing refurbed and a whole lot of other bits and pieces.

All this is stuffed in the back of my lockup so I don't have photos but if you are interested you really need to come and take a look. You can also have a look at my locost which is very similar to what you will end up building from these bits!

I am in Edinburgh so really best for someone not too far away. This really is a good start for someone to do a relatively quick build, sourcing parts ad building the chassis took me the first year of a two year build working weekends and a couple of holidays.

I am looking for £249.99, I know that is a lot less than all the bits I have cost e but it really does need to move on and get itself built!

Caber