Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Engine/transmission
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 28th June 2013, 11:51 AM

Again, thank you so much TT: A couple of days ago, I was in a black hole regarding all these stuffs, and now, I exactly know what it is and what to do with them

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo View Post
Yes the 2.0 Pinto ISCV should be fine if it's in good working order. idealy you should find an original DOHC intake pipe and modify that to fit between the filter and the inlet elbow as this has

I think you haven't finished this sentence, but I think I guessed what you mean: I need this original intake pipe because that is where I can connect the ISCV AND the ribbed rubber hose from the inlet manifold.

Problem is I have no idea where to find that here in Sweden: most scrap yards no longer keep Sierra parts (I already tried for other parts). I checked on ebay.co.uk, but nothing there too.
I might do something in aluminium : elbow+tube+puck-ups for ISCV and rubber hose. We'll see later.

Thank you for confirming the wiring of the fan: now I can connect it

Quote:
1991 diagrams list a canister purge valve (LHD only) so that's definitely what the box and valve are there for.
If I can ask a last thing: does the diagram you have specify where the hose on top is supposed to be connected (see my first post on this thread). Just in case I need the canister for the MOT.

Thank you very much.
Old 28th June 2013, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator

I have no information on the canister connection, it will go to the fuel tank somehow interconnected with the breather.

this may help from the scorpio site, not perfect

http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/evapmonitor.htm

TT

Build Thread

Man Cave Mantiques

Cecil Street Auto Repairs Garage Carlisle

Build Cost £4181.65 - Last - Wheel Cylinders
Old 1st July 2013, 09:26 PM

its evap control as you say just like you get on yanky and hot climate cars
it basically is designed to vent fuel vapors into the engine to burn off not let them escape into the atmosphere.

i would bypass/bin it
Old 2nd July 2013, 10:25 AM

Thank you Baz. Yes, I think I am going to bypass it. But how do I blank the port on the inlet manifold ? Same question for the vaccum port of the servo brake actually ? When the engine is running and I blank it with my finger, the engine dies...
Thank you.
Old 18th August 2013, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Yes the 2.0 Pinto ISCV should be fine if it's in good working order. idealy you should find an original DOHC intake pipe and modify that to fit between the filter and the inlet elbow as this has

TT
I'm digging up this old thread to "close" it. As TT advised me, I got hold of an original DOHC intake pipe (my Sierra donor was fitted with a direct induction kit, and came without this pipe and without the ISCV).

I could install the ISCV from my Pinto and connect the ribbed pipe going back to the inlet manifold.

2013-08-17_17-45-58 par Voucht71, sur Flickr

I've weded a small bracket on the chassis and fitted a rubber mount to hold it.

2013-08-18_18-31-56 par Voucht71, sur Flickr

2013-08-18_18-32-06 par Voucht71, sur Flickr

Of course it would look much nicer with an aluminium elbow and an aluminium pipe and silicone connectors, but this is a 200 SEK (£20) solution, and it will work this way in a first time, I really have to make it as cheap as I can now if I want to see the end of this build.

Thanks again TT for all the good tips