Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 15th October 2015, 02:00 PM

I'm not sure of the plate thickness, 5 or 6mm I think. I got them pre cut from plazcutz via eBay. The threaded tubes also can from eBay from a seller called thelatheman I think.

I'll try recall the drag link. I just had a eurocarparts part number rather than car model as reference.
Old 15th October 2015, 02:12 PM

Sylvain, you're probably correct! I've put them on wrong before several times!
Old 15th October 2015, 03:22 PM

So I'm looking to order some braided lines and quite anxious about getting the correct length. Would I be right in saying that so long as the line does touch anything with the wheel moved through all its available range of motion it's a pass? And of course that the length is not excessive.
Old 15th October 2015, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norton View Post
So I'm looking to order some braided lines and quite anxious about getting the correct length. Would I be right in saying that so long as the line does touch anything with the wheel moved through all its available range of motion it's a pass? And of course that the length is not excessive.
I have mine zip tied to the wishbones in the middle, so they are always touching that. As long as there is still some slack at full lock and through the suspension range and they don't rub on something that would cause wear they should be fine.

Cheers
Stot
Old 16th October 2015, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveH1 View Post
Hi
I was just wondering what size plate you used for the wishbone plates and where you got the threaded tubes from. Also what model is the bmw drag link from.
Thanks
Steve
Try eBay auction number 310650017591 I'm fairly sure that's the part. One part number I've seen is pvtr325 which is a motaquip number. Hth.
Old 16th October 2015, 07:42 PM

Thanks for the tips stot, I'll measure up again tonight and go for it I think.
Old 16th October 2015, 08:48 PM

Thank you for getting back
Old 17th October 2015, 02:28 PM

So I've fitted the exhaust manifold along with the coolant reroute and water pump outlet. I'm now thinking ahead of coolant pipes and how to route it whilst keeping in mind that I would like to turbo this or use a rotrex charger. I planned to fit either of those roughly where the pas pump was below the top chassis tubes.

The water pump inlet is kinda awkward though. I've been looking for an oem pump inlet that faces directly forward not to the passenger side like the original.

I've seen some fit the original back to front which could help but I may end up making one.

I will route the top hose down the exhaust side above the manifold and close to the cam cover.
Old 18th October 2015, 01:15 PM

Does anyone know if the book spec roll bar or, more specifically if the harness mounts are iva compatible?
Old 18th October 2015, 04:37 PM

I should have been more specific in mentioning I have a book design roll bar kit bought from the bay.

I was happy to assemble it as per the book but wanted to be sure the original plans were still iva compliant.