Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > General discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 14th July 2012, 01:42 PM

Default Currently for sale...

Just seen this on ebay and am wondering whether it is worth going for? I'm thinking of buying a Talon chassis anyway - so it seems a shortcut way to buy one with a load of bits too.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Haynes-Roa...item1e6ff4235a

Big worry is: I wanted to go Pinto/CVH and Type 9 gearbox (mainly because I think I need a type 9 for a Pinto or CVH - please point out if this is not the case). The chassis is built for a MT75 gearbox. Does that cause much of a problem?

And - just to get some sort of steer - what would be a realistic price for this lot to go for?
Old 14th July 2012, 03:48 PM

A type 9 should still fit into a MT75 chassis fine; you can't do it then other way around without modifying the chassis. However, the listing includes a 2 litre Zetec - IMO you would be mad to get rid of that for the sake of fitting a Pinto/CVH. Unless you have a souped up Pinto/CVH already that you want to use.

£800 wouldn't buy you a welded chassis and the wishbones, let alone the rest of the running gear and suspension etc. As it's a Talon chassis, you can be sure that the welding's been done properly too.
Old 14th July 2012, 04:40 PM

It would be a steal at £800 I think this will probably go for £1150 ish anything under 1K is defo a great starter package.
Old 14th July 2012, 05:25 PM

Looks a good deal.I would work on the basis of paying about 60% of what it would cost to get all the parts so I reckon Kev is right on the money, or maybe thats his max bid! !
Old 14th July 2012, 05:40 PM

Thanks again for some quick and honest feedback - i'm really liking this forum!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkChop View Post
IMO you would be mad to get rid of that for the sake of fitting a Pinto/CVH. Unless you have a souped up Pinto/CVH already that you want to use.
No - and I agree - but I want to get an age related plate - and am not sure whether the right bits and pieces that are in the deal would allow for that - plus i'd rather run carbs than fuel injection. I'm thinking about it mainly for the chassis and suspension bits and pieces - on the basis i'd flog the engine and gearbox on and get a sierra donor to get the 'age' from...
Old 21st July 2012, 09:58 PM

Well.... I was prepared to pay the right price on Ebay and went and picked it up this morning. I'm now a proud owner of the beginnings of a Roadster!! :-D
Old 21st July 2012, 10:30 PM

Congratulations and welcome to the madhouse. I think that was a snip at that money and more to the point a huge kick start into a haynes build. Enjoy!

Bob

The cave http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/my...deshow/mancave

The build http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12669
Old 21st July 2012, 10:47 PM

Nice one mate, a big jump start into the build, hope you enjoy the next few months finishing it
Old 21st July 2012, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robo View Post
Congratulations and welcome to the madhouse. I think that was a snip at that money and more to the point a huge kick start into a haynes build. Enjoy!

Bob
+1 from me, defo a great starting point with some nice looking bits
Old 22nd July 2012, 10:36 AM

Well done that man, jps you dont say where you are located, you never know what resources and knowledge you have near you that you can draw on. If anyone else is looking for a starter pack i know Davylock is selling up due to ill health and he has a rolling chasis complete with pinto and gear box up for sale. I met up with him on friday cracking bloke really genuine so if you know of someone looking for a rolling chasis point thiem in his direction please

Arfon