FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 3rd May 2010, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandyAndy View Post
i haven,t seen or HEARD it , sorry

are you coming over in the TVR Slim?

cheers
andy
Yes Andy - hoping for "guest" status on the LCB/Haynes plot!!
Old 3rd May 2010, 10:42 AM

Well nearly there now.

Great night last night (sleep wize) woke up late to find Davey wondering over with a brew.

We had a good chat / discusion about the club. I will leave that to Handy Andy, he was taking notes.

For the Roadster I got, Seats, Fan, headlights, 3mm rubber strip also tools. Spent £300.

Great weekend more to come once I am back on a computer with a spell checker!

Cheers Ginge

I was building but I am not now!

Build Pictures

Build Thread
Old 3rd May 2010, 12:02 PM

Talking What weekend

Well that's me back home, rested & back in the land of the living.

That was a marathon 560 mile round trip for me, left Stoneleigh ( Sunday ) at about 7.15pm & arrived back home at 12.30am.

Firstly .... Sorry for bailing out on all of you after the first day .... Geared up for both nights but unfortunately, I did not travel up to the show as well as I had hoped & arrived a little bit frazzled !!

Appart from freezing me nuts off, I had an absolute blast at the ground .... Fantastic meeting everyone once again & even more fantastic meeting so,so many new faces

Sorry If I missed anyone on the day & so, so sorry that I did not get a propper chance to have a natter with Esteve .... Like ships that passed in the night & just a quick hands up accross the crowd.

A Special thanks must go to Davy & his good lady for the hospitality given to one and all .... I think without that awning mate, we would have been tucked up in our tents by 8pm on Saturday night hiding away from the rain

Thanks also to Handy & John .... They both kept the tea flowing, just like being at home

Ohhh .... Ash mate .... Check your car ??? .... I think I may have left one of my kidneys in it

For those of you still there or visitng today, have a great time.

Me !!?? .... Counting the days down till next year.

www.roadster-builders.co.uk

Last edited by Bonzo : 3rd May 2010 at 03:32 PM.
Old 3rd May 2010, 03:21 PM

We got back about half an hour ago. Great show and fantastic to meet everyone. The awning was no bother Bonz, it always goes with us when we're in the camper (difficult to not take it seeing as its bolted to the roof ).

Didn't really buy anything for my build as I couldn't find much that was of any real use to progress it right now. All I bought was a pair of battery cutoff switches one of which is for the camper. I did well in the raffle though with three prizes , Handy's welding clamps, a vinyl roadster decal and that huge bar of chocolate .

I'll now try again to post that photo, more to come later.

D.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg camping.jpg (51.2 KB, 70 views)
Old 3rd May 2010, 03:30 PM

That photo came up OK Davy .... Keep em coming mate

How cold was it last night & how was the weather today ??

Froze me bleeding nuts off yesterday

I am sure you'll agree, a great time was had by all

www.roadster-builders.co.uk
Old 3rd May 2010, 06:00 PM

It was even colder last night Ronnie, at least I reckon it was. After the meeting most of us went over to the warwick building where there was warmth, people, a bar and a live band who turned out to be pretty good. Way too much alcohol was consumed, a few were sensible but I try very hard not to do sensible after 7pm .

D.
Old 3rd May 2010, 07:07 PM

Just got home from the Show. It was great to see everyone again this year. Sorry it was just a flying visit but managed to put a few more faces to names. Total spend this year - £5 on a coil over spanner! I know there was less traders but thats just silly and a wasted opportunity! Great talk on suspension set up arranged by TKC.

Broke my promise made last year of having the car on the stand, so will not ever male foolish statements like that again! At least Ash proved it could be done.
Old 3rd May 2010, 08:31 PM

Well chaps, great meeting you all and yes, thanks to Dave for the cover when the rain was lashing down.

Last night was very good, everyone having a good laugh and the alcohol made me sleep through all the MK noise

Nice to see you all, plenty of laughs despite the weather and can't wait for next year!

LG,
Steve

www.mymnrvortx.blogspot.com/
Old 4th May 2010, 07:04 AM

great to meet all of you for the first time. A great friendly bunch - many thanks to all.

Spent about 200 quid on bits for my build, got mirrors, harnesses, fuel filler, rear lights, 2 slick tyres, the new CKC electrics book and a radiator!

Really enjoyed John Dickens talk on electrics, at least it's given me some more confidence to have another go at mine.

And here's all my build photo's on a picasa web album http://tinyurl.com/5tbtm46
Old 4th May 2010, 08:18 AM

what day is it?
the last few days have been a blur....

It was great to see everyone again, & to put faces to names of alot of forum members I hadn,t met before, thanks all for making it a great weekend, albeit a wet & cold weekend.

My apologies to anyone that i didn,t get chance to say bye to & hoped you all had a safe journey home.

A big thanks to "Davey & Mrs Davey" for the luxury of the motorhome/awning & the never ending supply of hot food on the go,

I would like to say thanks for all the members attending the "Club" meeting in awful weather, thankfully we had the protection of the "Davey" awning.

I enjoyed the show despite the weather & even spent some money on nice "Bling" bits for my Roadster

Roll on next year

cheers
andy