Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 16th June 2014, 07:22 PM

Default More From Enoch

Sooooo, I started on the front wings and had made the offside one but it looked absolutely awful when I put it on the car. I had tried to make it so that it covered the top of the front coilover and associated gubbins but it just looked clumsy and did not give me the look I had hoped for. After much head scratching I came up with a whole new cunning plan. I figured that if I made the front wing stay and headlight bracket out of round bar and made it so the 100mm sphere could not contact the suspension components I could have a much neater wing and not get in to trouble at IVA time. Everything inside the triangle formed by the wishbones is exempt, as is anything below the line of the sill so there is not much left to have to make IVA compliant in that area.
here is the new wing

A different shot:

Just got to make the other side now and neaten this one up a bit then I should be in a position to start glassing all 4 wings and both running boards. I have to work out how much resin and other stuff to buy and will make a test piece first as this is my first venture in to fibre glassing.
Dave.
Old 19th June 2014, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I have to work out how much resin and other stuff to buy and will make a test piece first as this is my first venture in to fibre glassing.
Dave.
If you want some practice you're welcome to make me a set of arches!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/oscarss/sets/
Old 19th June 2014, 01:11 PM

AAAARRGHH! Please, no more arches
Maybe after I have finished mine, taken down the remainder of my ancient agricultural store, repointed my outbuildings, fixed the roofs, made and fitted some new doors and windows, replaced a leaking roof valley, fixed my daily driver (front strut bearings) and finished all the other jobs I need to do before next winter I may consider it. But I doubt it You may need to think about doing something similar construction wise for your bonnet if you intend to keep the Ford injection on your DOHC. That bloody plenum gave me endless nightmares on my last build. it is a good old engine though so worth persevering with. Don't know if anyone now makes a bonnet that the engine will fit under, even the Saturn big bulge one still required a replacement plenum on my build.