Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 28th February 2013, 12:53 PM

I did ask what to put down as the manufacturers name and was told if you built it then that what should go there.

He was a really nice chap, very helpful, just a few things seemed to be a bit unnecessary.

For anyone who has not been through the test yet, one thing to note is that they run the car for a very long time with it standing still. Mine boiled over twice. Particularly when testing the speedo. They run it upto 70mph with no air flow. Check your cooling chaps!

Another point that mine failed on was the speedo reading, 2mph over across the range, being under is fine but not over. Easy to sort out with a digital speedo though.
Old 28th February 2013, 08:54 PM

Not a bad fail there Jason,
I would think most of the fails will be an easy fix and your retest should be a breeze.
Out of curiousity where did you fit your VIN number on the car? Surely stamping 1.6 to 2mm shs would be difficult without deforming the box section espicially once you have welded up your chassis.
I also believe there is a minimum height for the letters which is quite small now.

Good luck for your retest....

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa472/JohnoSS1/

Johno
Old 3rd March 2013, 01:34 PM

For clarity on the VIN Plates...?

The aluminium name plate I purchased from Kit Spares has no space to include the Manufactures Name? It only has a space for the Model, Chassis Number, Year of Manufacture & Axle Weights.

How can I get around this? Will it be acceptable to stamp the manufactures name onto the chassis followed by the Vin Number?

Alteranatively, where can I purchase a revised plate that includes the makers name?

I have until early April to get this sorted.....as the IVA is date is fast approaching.

On a postive note, all I have left to do now is connect the Sierra bias valve and bleed the brakes again!

Lots of work has been going on every Saturday to get it finished! Although I have not recorded every snag item in the build photos.
Old 5th March 2013, 10:13 AM

I got a new plate from vin-plate.co.uk. I did have to call him to find out which one was correct. I have my re-test on the 18th, so i will let you know if it was ok.