Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 24th February 2011, 10:43 PM

Talking A milestone

Thought I'd better let you all know my chassis is ready for welding up so you can share my joy

Anyway it may just encourage others like me who basically know nothing but muddle through like blundering around in the dark
I'd post a photo but I dont even know how to do that (a pm from anyone who can help in that dept. would be appreciated---keep it simple!!)
A big hug for all those who answered my stupid questions and offered advice --I'd have no chance without this forum- also those nice people who make great bits that I can buy.

Hubs and calipers etc are de-rusting away in the garage,sump ready to go on,wishbones hanging on garage wall, got mushrooms,got tranny drag thingys,got ball joints,got snowdrops and crocuses in the garden, got a drop of sunshine outside, dust cover just come off kwak ,chain oiled and ready to go.How much better can it get?

Unfortunately there's a long way to go yet 'til I can sit in it and play (and go vrooom,vroooom )and I've never seen a Haynes roadster "in the flesh" let alone sat in one. So please tell me where and when are the shows where I can go and see one and perhaps meet some of the people I only know as usernames

Cheers

Adrian
Old 25th February 2011, 08:51 AM

Did you have fun unwrapping your wishbones? I may have got alittle carried away with the tape and cardboard

Direct email phil@talonmotorfabrication.co.uk

talonmotorfabrication@gmail.com

Mobile office hours 07514098334
Old 25th February 2011, 11:04 AM

Hi Ady where you been hiding mate, a mate who lives in pentrebuchan and myself will be going to the Newark show later in the year your welcome to come along if you want. Glad your making better progress than me came down with man flu last week just starting to get rid, give us a bell when your around
Old 25th February 2011, 11:13 AM

Smile Photo posting

Hi Adrian

I am by far from the best computer whizz ( I blame old age ) but here's how it all works for me.

Take my pictures using my digital camera & transfer them to my PC

Once the pictures are on your PC you then need to find an online image hosting sevrice such as photobucket ( Free ) .... Plenty of free ones out there to choose from.

Once you have decided on your choice of photo host, you will need to upload your photos to your photo host from your PC

I use Photobucket cos like me, it is simple

My photobucket upload also automaticly resizes my image to a suitable size for forum inclusion ( I guess they all do !!?? )

Once you have your photos stored on your host, hover the cursor over the picture that you wish to post on the forum.
You will notice a drop down list of web linky addresses.
Click on the IMG code ( Bottom on the list in Photobucket ) It will save a copy on you clipboard .... You may have to right click & choose copy in other photo hosting sites .

Tis the address that starts with [IMG] and ends with [IMG]

Finaly, on the forum post that you are typing, hit the enter key a couple of times ( This will sepperate the image from the text )
Right click on the mouse & choose paste, this will enter the address code that you saved from Photobucket.

If all is well, when you preview your post, the picture should be there in all its glory

Here is a sample photo that I included using the method described above.

My Nephew during an interview with LH

I am sure there are many different ways of posting photos but that's how it all works for me & just about as much as my pea brain can handle !!

Hope it is of some help.

www.roadster-builders.co.uk