Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 9th August 2013, 09:23 PM

Exclamation Phil Talon

When I got home from work, I had a package from Talon. When I opened it, I was amazed at what Phil had produced for me. Phil, you are an amazing craftsman, & I am extremely pleased with what you have done for me. But I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for being a little over the top with my posts, I was worried that I would never see the parts. I am really sorry. The quality of the work was top notch. Phil, if you read this post, please pm me your address, and I will pop a little something in the post to you, as a sorry for being a bit too dramatic. I was a total dick, but hopefully people can see where I was coming from. Happy building & best wishes to you Phil.
Old 9th August 2013, 11:41 PM

Is this a minor case of humble pie? If so, pass the spoon; we've all had to chew on it at some point.

Glad to hear you've got your parts, sounded like they were giving you some stress when it wasn't needed (something I'm far to good at doing to myself). I know exactly where you coming from, and I hope Phil will see this. Now you can crack on with your build and relieve some of the tension!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/oscarss/sets/
Old 10th August 2013, 01:02 AM

Massive slice of humble pie ! trouble was, I am under a lot of pressure from her in doors to get this sucker rolling. After the burglary, I moved my chassis on to the back patio, & we have a family get together at the end of August, so I need to get it rolling, as it is too heavy to drag across the patio.
Old 10th August 2013, 04:09 PM

Got back wheels on mine last weekend to move out of the way, only a small step but it makes a HUGE difference to the look/feel of the project.

"After the burglary, I moved my chassis on to the back patio"

Cunning, a burglar deterant device: "Look at all that rubbish, nothing worth nickin 'ere."

http://www.flickr.com/photos/oscarss/sets/