Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 30th July 2013, 10:01 PM

Default Hamlet Engineering

Hi

I have been on this forum on and off over a fair few years. I have 15years engineering experience and many years in my own time playing with minis classic cars and trucks etc. I have finally decided to start my own company with my cousin.

We will be able to offer dyno/rolling road tuning very soon but we can also do mandrel tube bending for rollcages etc. Welding MIG TIG and stick.

The dyno is coming very soon and will most likely offer discounts for the first 3 forum members or something like that.

We are based in Oxfordshire feel free to check us out on facebook Hamlet Engineering Services Limited. A website will follow shortly.

PS if I have put this in the wrong area, if admin could let me know or move it for me that would be great.

Check us out on facebook. Hamlet Engineering Services limited
Old 30th July 2013, 10:03 PM
Super Moderator

Good luck,

Hope it goes well

TT

Build Thread

Man Cave Mantiques

Cecil Street Auto Repairs Garage Carlisle

Build Cost £4181.65 - Last - Wheel Cylinders
Old 31st July 2013, 07:58 AM

Always good to hear about someone following their passion - Best of luck

Like the look of the rack mount in your build blog too
Old 31st July 2013, 08:27 AM

Good luck with your new venture, cant you move it more towards the north though

Arfon
Old 31st July 2013, 10:29 AM

Good luck mike,
I think the market just for haynes parts is pretty limited as Talon has pointed out.
But with your rolling road set up and roll cage services you should be able to offer to a much wider audience.
The low end of trackday/race cars has probably been hit quite bad during the last 3 or 4 years but from my experiences in caterham racing there are still people with money to spend.
If you want to get good business from the locost/haynes/kit people get good at mapping/tuning the standard engines with bike carbs/megajolt, megasquirt etc
Old 31st July 2013, 10:37 AM

Nice one Mike and good luck with the venture.....get your name on Driftworks as there are a helluva lot of them down your way...they are always using dyno's for their cars.
Old 31st July 2013, 11:55 PM

We basically do general car repair and servicing but our passion is modification, tuning, kit cars, classics and bespoke stuff. Things that require engineering and tax the brain a little more that just parts to daily drivers.

I built and fitted megasquirt and bike throttle bodies to couple of my own projects and doing a mk2 golf as we speak. The basic tuning is the same for all standalone ecu but it is all about knowing the functions of each manufacturer. We will be able to do upto 1200hp 2wd I think that will cover most.

We actually have a drift car in our workshop which we are caging. But I didn't really know there was such a drifting following around here. A market I should look at closer!

Thanks everyone for your support and suggestions. Talon I dont want to take work from you as we both know how had business can be. I would rather be able to recommend you (vice versa) for the haynes parts etc. Tuning etc is where ideally we want to be heading.

Ps have anyone done a turbo bec powered haynes roadster yet... this the route I am heading with my roadster right now.

Check us out on facebook. Hamlet Engineering Services limited