Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Chassis
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29th August 2010, 05:12 PM

Default Full cage

Hi Guys,

I don't know how many of you would be interested in a full cage to fit the Roadster?

The design is by the forum's own David Dew, and can be seen in this thread http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=4827 the kit of parts will include all the tubes, which are cnc mandrell bent, all the plates to mount to the chassis, the seat belt bosses and the plates for feet of the cage. The rear stays will be left long so you can fit them to your chassis.

The tubes are from 50.8mm ERW with a wall thickness of 3.2mm, as per David's plans. This is not an MSA compliant cage, as the front bar has a double bend in it, so is for road use only. If you plan to use your Roadster for sprints etc please contact us as we are developing one for this.

Cost will be £350, this is based on a batch of 10, for a complete kit. Delivery would be £10.

If you are interested can you list your name below, if i get 8 people then I'll get the tubes run.

Kind regards

John

Contact us at component-sales@hotmail.co.uk or visit our website www.3gecomponents.com