Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 26th June 2012, 06:44 PM

Unhappy NTS Engineering

Has any body heard from nts engineering recently have ordered a body kit off them and cant get hold of them at all
Old 26th June 2012, 07:38 PM

Last posting I saw from Nathan was when he called my build a "barge", no I haven't been to see him, he lives to far away . Don't know any more than he was experiencing difficulties and had to fold the business but I understood he was trying his damndest to fulfill existing orders.

D.
Old 26th June 2012, 08:30 PM

Do you know how long ago he was having trouble?
Ta
Tim
Old 26th June 2012, 08:45 PM
Super Moderator

there's a post 2 weeks back. HE has decided to call it a day but was honouring all orders ( although he was moving stuff to his dads farm)

TT

Build Thread

Man Cave Mantiques

Cecil Street Auto Repairs Garage Carlisle

Build Cost £4181.65 - Last - Wheel Cylinders
Old 26th June 2012, 08:47 PM
Super Moderator

http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=8116

Build Thread

Man Cave Mantiques

Cecil Street Auto Repairs Garage Carlisle

Build Cost £4181.65 - Last - Wheel Cylinders
Old 26th June 2012, 10:18 PM

I was at Nathan's unit a couple of weeks ago. All the GRP moulds had been moved and I believe he would have now moved out of his unit. I know he was planning on taking a break and let things settle after this.

Have you checked that your payment hasn't been refunded Tim? Nathan mentioned that he had refunded some orders as they couldn't be fulfilled before he had to fully close.
Old 27th June 2012, 09:24 PM

Angry

Just checked bank and no refunds from nts engineering
well £900 out of pocket and no body kit. thank you NTS ENGINEERING
Old 27th June 2012, 09:35 PM

I would send him a message and ask because he was honouring orders previously paid and any new ones he was refunding so maybe yours has either been made or he will refund.I wouldn't assume the worst just yet.
Old 27th June 2012, 09:38 PM

Have tried phoning, just goes to answerphone left messages e mails texts to all
known numbers and e mail addresses
Old 27th June 2012, 09:57 PM

Nathans post below sort of outlines what he is doing .When you think of the
ballache of closing down a unit and setting up somewhere else + trying to fullfill promises for kits etc its not giving him much time really. You dont have much choice really other than wait. Hope it all comes good.

Bob

Default Time to put things to bed i think....
As most of you are aware, before I took on the Saturn project I used to help Andrew on weekends/evenings whilst working 50-60 hour weeks in a job that I had grown to hate. I started off on the tools and as my career progressed I found myself dealing with more and more shit until finally I was bound to the office for a good proportion of the week. Helping out at Saturn free of charge with my mates was hard graft, but it was also my escape from the real world, you could say it was my main hobby.

It was mid summer last year when I started thinking about making the jump, Andrew and I discussed plans for me to set up next door producing turn key cars under the Saturn brand whilst Andrew carried on with the bread and butter work. This is where we planned to actually make some money, as a good few of you know, the business was in trouble. After months of planning I left my job in December, took on the unit next door and finished the single seater.

It was during the Christmas holidays when I was putting the final touches to the single seater that Andrew became seriously ill with epilepsy and told me that he couldn’t carry on. This was a big shitstorm of worry for me as I had quit my job, and already made the leap. I had no real capital behind me and I had been replaced at the company I used to work for me so I was worried how the mortgage was going to be paid ( hence the long horrible arguments with the missus and some sleepless nights!)

I decided to make the best out of a shit situation and give it a go on my own. I set up nts and the first couple of months were very hard work, but good fun. Turnover wasn’t great, and there were a few cock ups to put right, but I took it all in my stride, with the belief that the only way is up!

The Business is bloody hard work, for the returns and with the amount of money it has been hemoraging, its really not worth going forward with. I have always paid for everything upfront and refuse to get myself into debt by taking loans out to keep it afloat. Andrew got himself into a bit of trouble doing this. So, I think the sensible thing to do is to stop taking orders, finish the orders I have which is a chassis, three body kits and a set of wishbones. Deliver them and then sell up and walk away with a good concience not owing a penny to anyone.

Ive given it 100% and I don’t think It would have a chance in the current climate to keep it running, and end up in a downhill spiral. The biggest problem is overheads, I have to make about £2k per month before ive got out of bed to keep the business running.

The business has taken its toll on my relationship and also my state of mind. Iv never been rash or stressed like I have been this last few months. The missus has had enough of me, and Iv had a bit of a breakdown. Ive lost my temper a few times on the forum, this last few months and its not worth it, I really just want to be one of the lads again!

Il Keep bublebee as something to reward myself for the graft ive put in, and possibly the moulds to carry on making bodywork in my spare time, body kits will be cheaper because il do them nice and chilled out in the garage at home in my own time with no overheads to worry about (unless someone makes me a sensible offer for them

Im a great beliver in that if something isnt working, then you should move on to something else before its too late. Lifes for living at the end of the day. Im also a great beliver that the world is your oyster, and I know il find something new and exciting to do with myself, but once ive got the current orders out of the way and the business closed up I think il take a well earned break and chill out for a month or so and get bumblebee through the IVA. I might even try and get the missus back!

So guys, there will be a few bargains to be had on the forum and eBay in the not too distant future,
Ive tons of seconds to get rid of, il post some of those up shotly

Id like to appologise to those whove iv upset on the forum in the recent weeks, it wasn’t big and it wasn’t clever, so I hope things can get back to normal soon. Phil especially, as hes going to be up to his tits in work ! Im also sorry that we will see the end of the weekend piss abouts up in Hartlepool.

Also, if any kind souls wouldn’t mind helping me out with a bit of graft to get the last orders finished it would be much appreciated.

The website is still up and running and will be taking orders until the end of the week, but please contact me before ordering any larger items, as i really dont want to be doing any more full chassis or bodykits before i close down

p.s
Janne your wings are done and they will be sent out by the weekend.
David your roll bar ss ready and I need to see kev about a tank , just need to find the time to get up and weld it for you
Alga il be in touch shortly

If there are any bits iv promised as freebees or stuff iv forgotten about would you let me know, as the priority at the moment is fulfilling orders and making sure every order is complete before I go

The cave http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/my...deshow/mancave

The build http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12669