i wish you luck with your project and hope you find a market for it
it would more likely appeal to the high end kitcar builders
gt40./lola 70./cobras./caterham etc
perhaps get your product along to a show and visit some of the stands
cheers les g
Old 23rd October 2010, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRCorsa Engineering View Post
I don't see why you are so aggressive with me.
Hardly aggressive, taking the pee, maybe, but not agressive at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRCorsa Engineering View Post

Anyway, i would like to get comments on the design of the pedalbox. If people like the design of the product i could make a pretty good offer/discount.
If you want comments on the design, you will have to do better than a couple of CAD renderings, one of each product, how are we supposed to see the design from those. Any pictures of the real thing or is this just an idea you've had?

As my learned friends have pointed out, stuff like your is well out of context on this forum, where people are not choosing to spend big bucks on components such as you are offering.

There are other, more suitable forums where people are choosing to make bigger budgets available but then I expect you will find they are being supplied with all the necessary bits by their kit manufacturers.

You've obviously got some good CAD skills, and should you choose to use those to create designs which are more appropriate I shall look forward to seeing them.
Old 23rd October 2010, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talonmotorsport View Post
Thats a very nice looking piece of kit you have designed. Do you have any of these made up or do you only have the CAD rendering? Looking at what you have there in laser cut parts (which could be made cheaper with out the holes every where) against the prices I've been given for my lastest order of 3mm work, I'd say theres £50 of laser cut components, £20 male and female rose joints, £36 ball race bearings, £20 springs , 2 hours of assembly welding @ £30per hour and £30-40 powder coat. Add your profit to each unit and £300 a go is not a bad price. Not sure you will have many takers for those that are trying to built their cars for less than £2000 but then you can't sell every thing to every body! There are builders that will spend £500-600 on a new set of wheels and tyres but not £360 on coilovers and springs.
The other way to look at your design, although it does look good is that it is perhaps more complicated that it needs to be?
The very best of luck with your products but please bare in mind that you are trying to sell to people that are either 'building a sports car on a budget' or the other place I'm guessing we'll find you is on 'locost builders' who are trying to build cars for nearly FREE.
Hi and thanks for your comments.
Yes, i have made a pedalbox for a friend's Locost but that was the first design, the one you see in the renderings is the updated and improved design. I am building one at the moment for a Locost owner in the USA, so i will attach some pictures when i have it ready.
For your cost estimations you are not far away, add to that the lathe work it needs.
I know the cost is high for a Locost low budget car, but again a quality item is expensive for a reason. Yes, it may be a bit complicated but can you make a bellcrank without using ball bearings? Can you make it without using rose joints? Can you make a nice job if you dont use a lathe at all, just by using pipe cutoffs for the bush tubes?
I might develop a simpler version if this design is not selling but i am not the man who will drop the quality level in order to sell cheap things. Thanks again!

Here's is the first version of the pedalbox in my friend's car.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by DRCorsa Engineering : 23rd October 2010 at 11:16 AM.
Old 23rd October 2010, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr henderson View Post
Hardly aggressive, taking the pee, maybe, but not agressive at all

If you want comments on the design, you will have to do better than a couple of CAD renderings, one of each product, how are we supposed to see the design from those. Any pictures of the real thing or is this just an idea you've had?

As my learned friends have pointed out, stuff like your is well out of context on this forum, where people are not choosing to spend big bucks on components such as you are offering.

There are other, more suitable forums where people are choosing to make bigger budgets available but then I expect you will find they are being supplied with all the necessary bits by their kit manufacturers.

You've obviously got some good CAD skills, and should you choose to use those to create designs which are more appropriate I shall look forward to seeing them.
I appreciate all of your comments, although a bit aggressive.
I will take into account your suggestions. Thanks a lot!
Old 23rd October 2010, 11:48 AM

Welcome to the forum

Like other members have said, your products look very nice , without doubt, a precision bit of engineering,

BUT

On a personal level the cost would be very prohibitive, with the general ethos of why most builders are building this car ( Roadster ), the "Book" gives a detailed drawing of how to make ones own pedal box that is functional & relatively inexpensive to make, or there are others suppliers that supply the completed item, but with all due respect, almost a third of the price of your part, without compromising quality & function of use etc.

In all honesty, the price of your pedal box would be 10% of my total "on the road" build cost, which I couldn,t justify on my build.

I wish you well with your venture but think you are targeting the wrong market with these products, after all , the book we all build from is titled "Build your own sports car on a budget" admittedly it doesn,t state a budget level but £299 for a pedal box is even more than the title of the original book by Ron Champion "Build a sports car for £250", ( I know that its nigh on impossible to achieve ) but hope you see the relevance of the quote.

cheers
andy
Old 23rd October 2010, 10:25 PM

It is expensive but i would be interested depending on how much a group buy would be?
And as for the ron champion book, who can build a sports car for £250?, what a load of shit.
I choose to build the haynes cause my mate started it first, not because it was the cheapest but because you can do it all yourself instead of having to buy the chassis.

Last edited by degmwilliams : 24th October 2010 at 11:24 AM.
Old 23rd October 2010, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by degmwilliams View Post
It is expensive but i would be interested depending on how much a group buy would be?
And as for the ron champion book who can build a sports car for £250, what a load of shit.
I met some one a few days ago that has been given his chassis material, got his build table materials free from the yard next door, the jammy bugger even got a sierra donor FREE from his local council as it was abandoned.

Direct email phil@talonmotorfabrication.co.uk

talonmotorfabrication@gmail.com

Mobile office hours 07514098334
Old 23rd October 2010, 11:17 PM

Im new to this forum,infact im new to forums in general.
Ive been reading this thread and I cant believe the attiude to this bloke and his product.
Its the sort of attitude thats let our engineering industry in the narrow minded mess its in at the moment
My advice to you is ignore the troglodyte`s
Old 24th October 2010, 01:12 AM

I agree with people who say such an offer is out of place here. Two factors are attracting people to this forum: budget constraints and love of doing it yourself. Someone who would be willing to spend 300 quid on a pedal box would either be building a Westie or a Caterham, or would be designing his own.
Old 24th October 2010, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alawrence View Post
troglodyte`s

Watch out for those grocer's apostrophes!