Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 26th August 2014, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alga View Post
Why UK? You should talk to local advertising companies.
Of course I have tried locally first, but with no luck. I'm not a native, don't master the language, so this kind of researches are not easy to do for me here. But I did. The only one I could find who can supply Vinyl in my RAL colour asked me for a minimum quantity... and the minimum price was 2500 SEK (£250)! So you understand why I turned toward the UK and ask help of brits forum members. I'm actually doing the same researches in France in the meantime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerncle View Post
Mactac 9800 series is industry standard for wrapping vehicles and you shuold be able to gat that as Albert says.

Amari plastics do it not far from me.
Thanks Paul, I might send you a PM id my new researches are unsuccessful.
Old 26th August 2014, 11:35 AM

No problem Sylvain,I got 8 mtrs of banana yellow £30 inc vat if I remember correctly, I have colour chart so will check for that RAL number.

If at first you dont succeed,avoid skydiving...

No parachute require to freefall,only if you want to do it twice.
Old 26th August 2014, 08:43 PM

Macal 9800 Pro (RAL 3005) 9859-28 Rioja Red from the chart.

Old 27th August 2014, 05:29 AM

Try these people, A1deSIGNS

Tel No - 020 8646 9886
Fax No - 020 8646 9478
Email - Enquiry@a1designs.co.uk

They list it on their website as a stock colour

Car looks great too. Will be in touch soon if you are still doing brake pipe flexis
Old 7th September 2014, 08:12 PM

Thank you, Ste, I have sent the ma n email. no reply so far... we'll see next week. I definitely gave up the idea I will find anything here, locally, I think I've tried everything. But when companies are not willing to work, I won't force them, that is their business not mine... Just such a lost of time.
So if this company in the UK don't reply either, Paul, you can expect a PM from me next week . thanks!

Anyway, I've been adding a couple of things.
First I made the rear top panel, which goes on top of the rear tube. Dave at Equinox made a GRP panel for me, same colour as my wings, very nice job like always.
I had to make a pliable 2-piece-panel, in order to be able to slide it between the main hoop and the back stays. It is screwed on rivnuts.

That's how it looks.

2014-09-07_14-59-58 by Voucht71, on Flickr

That's how I remove it.

2014-09-05_17-28-12 by Voucht71, on Flickr

2014-09-05_17-28-35 by Voucht71, on Flickr
Old 7th September 2014, 08:20 PM

I've also added stainless steel protection on the rear wings.

2014-09-07_15-06-54 by Voucht71, on Flickr

2014-09-07_15-07-46 by Voucht71, on Flickr

Today's pictures, on a sunny Sunday:

2014-09-07_15-02-56 by Voucht71, on Flickr

2014-09-07_14-59-48 by Voucht71, on Flickr

More pictures from today here :

https://www.flickr.com/photos/994983...7646799525542/
Old 7th September 2014, 08:33 PM

Sylvian, I've followed your build with interest. agree with John, this recent progress does seem impressive! Car looks fantastic, well done!!!
Old 8th September 2014, 12:30 PM

Any time Sylvain,they would possibly send it direct to you and take payment over the phone. Just let me know what you need and I will try to help.

Old 5th October 2014, 05:59 PM

Hi,

I've been doing small additions to my car. First I ordered a fly screed from GBS (I had to write directly to GBS because Kit Spares commercial department just sucks: they rarely reply to the enquiries, and when they do, it is like 10 days later!) But people at GBS were very nice, reactive and helpful. The fly screen is the one of the GBS Zero and GT, and it fits my Equinox scuttle pretty well (a bit of trimming needed, but not much. Width is perfect). A good tip for those who are looking for a different looking fly screen than the ones usually sold by the couple of Haynes Roadster body work manufacturers.

However, GBS didn't want to make the fly screen with custom coloured gelcoat, and I had to buy a black one they had in stock. So my plan was to Vinyl wrap it to get it the same colour as my wings. Finding Vynil locally (in Sweden) has just being mission impossible, as was finding it in the UK by myself. All guys on ebay and the tips I got here on the forum just never replied to my enquiries. So again, the solution came from this forum, and one of its nicer member: Paul (flyerncle) who very kindly ordered the Vynil wrap to the exact RAL colour for me, and ship it to my address in Sweden. Again Paul, thank you so much for your help, I really appreciated it!

I tried to wrap the flyscreen, but after 3 attempts, I gave up. I'm really not skilled enough to get a good result, the flysecreen had a very irregular surface, and I could not go anywhere. I found the Vinyl wrapping very difficult to do. Even with the heat gun to stretch the film when it is needed, I ended up cracking it... I don't know how you guys who wrapped your body work with Vinyl managed to get a good result. Well, last solution, and unfortunately a bit more money, I gave the fly screen to a professional car paint shop. Another £70... but the result is very good, and I'm extremely happy with how the fly screen looks now.

However, I could manage to do the double stripe with the Vinly from Paul, and the “knifeless tape” I bought in the same time. This knifeless tape is a treat!

Now my roadster is dressed up, this red fly screen and double stripes really brake the dominance of the beige colour of my body work, and I'm really happy with the final result.

Well, I can say my car is ready to go to the last certification inspection, and this inspection is booked for Tuesday. But it is not like I will have a “pass” or “fail” like your IVA. After the inspection, I have to drive 150 km to take a noise test, and then, after adjusting what the final inspection will have detected as problems to be fixed, I will have to go the “Bilprovning”, which is the equivalent of your MOT. So, I have 3 more chances to fail, and the adventure is not over yet! I will let you know the outcome of all of this along the way.

We still have quite an OK weather, but I'm afraid I will not get my number plates before the winter is really here. We'll see.

Here are the latest pictures of the car, taken on this very nice and sunny Sunday we had today:

2014-10-05_16-25-08 by Voucht71, on Flickr

2014-10-05_16-25-17 by Voucht71, on Flickr

2014-10-05_16-23-56 by Voucht71, on Flickr

2014-10-05_16-19-42 by Voucht71, on Flickr

More pictures here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/994983...57646799525542

Last edited by voucht : 5th October 2014 at 06:37 PM.
Old 5th October 2014, 06:17 PM

The finishing post is in sight bud as with all our builds well done and your colour scheme works really well....on the road for next spring eh.