Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > General discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 1st July 2013, 04:04 PM

Just finished the exhaust pipe so my exhaust has now got "rolled " edges all round now also have just cut an exhaust outlet finisher just got to polish that up and the exhaust will go on for the last time ( I hope )

Old 1st July 2013, 07:28 PM

now polished up and fitted....soon to be followed by the rest of the exhaust
Old 2nd July 2013, 09:30 AM

Finally exhaust system version II is now back on for good I hope, I think I will make a small decibel killer for the tailpipe just in case....very pleased with the overall look and the exit trim finishes it off (been filed down to 2.5mm radius all around)

Old 2nd July 2013, 10:27 PM

Looking very smart as usual kev.
Old 3rd July 2013, 01:40 AM

Cheers Steve
As most of you know I like to use whatever is at hand, well I like had this very long coil of air hose similar to the stuff used on foot pumps... rubber wrapped in a glued on cloth, well in got me thinking that it would make for a nice finishing edge to the holes at the front suspension, so I very carefully slit the pipe with a very sharp modelling knife an inch at a time.....I tried some on an edge and it worked brilliantly so I did the offside first as it had no suspension items fitted, to hold it I have used loctite superglue....I did purchase some finishing trim but I will use that on the cycle wings and bonnet

Old 4th July 2013, 04:18 PM

Here is a little tip I picked a few years ago and has saved me some work in the past....when you put a tubular conduit in any where, when you thread the wires through attach a piece of string to the end when pulled through leave about 6-8 inches of string either end so if you have something you want to add at a later date (sensors, lights etc) then you can use the string to pull any more wires through(dont forget to attach another piece of string)..... always keep it there in case you need it again
here I have done it for my rad fan feed and switch.

Old 13th July 2013, 12:36 AM

Already used that string once.....spent a lot of time sorting the headlights and associated relays/fuses but IP have eventually got them to do as they are told.
So the headlamps are permanantley fixed and wired in

Old 15th July 2013, 10:07 PM

Am pleased to report that nearly all of my wiring has been sorted with a mega amount of patience and get this...... up to now only one blown fuse although that could change.....side dipped and full beam were an absolute nightmare all caused by an incorrectly placed earth above the ignition barrel once I got those sorted virtually everything else fell into place ignition light, oil light handbrake and fluid level working as they should indies all working inc hazards all tell tale illuminating when they should.....still looks like spagetti but the tidy up starts tomorrow......really ought to think about getting it off the trestles soon as well
Old 19th July 2013, 11:24 AM

Got me a nice Apexi Power Intake air filter all the way from Hong Kong, pleased to say it is the genuine item and what a price ...£17 delivered.....same filter over here is around £40.... rapidly approaching de-trestle time and onto its wheels for the first time...few days I hope ,just need to get underneath fully checked over. and bleed the brakes.

this is not the final resting position of the air filter it will be moved post IVA

Old 20th July 2013, 10:00 AM

Nearly forgot about this little bugger to lock in the mushies .....see the effin tinworm creeping out, you can never stop it entirely