Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Bodywork and interior
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 4th April 2011, 09:37 PM

Unhappy body parts help

Hi everyone I have a problem I'm in south africa and I wanted to get some body parts like the nose cone the one with the flared sides, the scuttle the hood and wings front and rear but my problem is I don't know anyone here who sells it or can get it or import it even asked locost sa and they said they don't do haynes locost or sell parts for it and they don't import either it seems like they don't want anything to do with haynes and that's disappointing .so does anyone have maybe some advise on what I can do to obtain body parts
Old 4th April 2011, 09:43 PM

I know a guy called Sweeney Todd who may help

Sorry couldn't resist that.

Hope you can get the bits

Adrian
Old 4th April 2011, 09:47 PM

Default body parts help

Hi ayjay where is he from and how can I get hold of him or what can I do
Old 4th April 2011, 10:23 PM

Default The demon barber!

Sorry mate I should have remembered you are different background/culture

He was a barber in Fleet St in London late 18th century.He would cut his customers throats with a razor ,chop 'm up(body parts) and sell them as pies in his shop across the road .

Sleep well

Regards

Adrian
Old 4th April 2011, 11:01 PM

haha such a bad joke although i did laugh!
im not sure what business is like in south Africa but could you tell/show your recommendations to a local company that deals with plastics or grp's in this case and see what they say ?
Old 4th April 2011, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
Hi everyone I have a problem I'm in south africa and I wanted to get some body parts like the nose cone the one with the flared sides, the scuttle the hood and wings front and rear but my problem is I don't know anyone here who sells it or can get it or import it even asked locost sa and they said they don't do haynes locost or sell parts for it and they don't import either it seems like they don't want anything to do with haynes and that's disappointing .so does anyone have maybe some advise on what I can do to obtain body parts

This guy in South Africa has just made a mould for the nosecone, you should contact him. Look at this recent thread and check out the photos.

http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showt...6326#post56326
Old 5th April 2011, 12:25 AM

Red face body parts help

Hi thanks for the help with the info about the nose cone I will contact him but the nose cone mould he made is not exactly the one I'm looking for the one I'm talking about is the one with flared out sides of the nose cone not sure what the name of that one is and I like the idea of talking to a plastic company .there a lot here in sa but does anyone have any drawings of the body parts that I can give them in case they can do it for me ? Thanks for the joke you right I never got it but lol now I do thanks
Old 5th April 2011, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
Hi thanks for the help with the info about the nose cone I will contact him but the nose cone mould he made is not exactly the one I'm looking for the one I'm talking about is the one with flared out sides of the nose cone not sure what the name of that one is and I like the idea of talking to a plastic company .there a lot here in sa but does anyone have any drawings of the body parts that I can give them in case they can do it for me ? Thanks for the joke you right I never got it but lol now I do thanks
Part of the problem is that the front of the chassis on a Haynes roadster is different than a Locost or Lotus Seven or Westfield. So if you find the one with the flared sides you like down there, it may not fit your car very well.
Old 5th April 2011, 07:04 AM

http://www.birkindirect.com/

Check out this ! Its a company in south africa that builds "seven" replica's.
Maybe you can buy a nosecone from them.

Greetz,

Wim
Old 5th April 2011, 07:40 AM

Hi Ricky,

The Birkin will not fit - much to small.
Yip, I had found the Locost guys have an upstairs attitude, especially if you had not bought a chassis from then. They will condemn any homebuild chassis and I actually challenged them with the quality of mine - Im a qualified boilermaker by trade - whereas theirs are welded by some goons (you know our country Boet) who only cares about their wages and not the quality the produce...

I built a McSorley 442E chassis and if Im not mistaken, the front dimensions are very close to the Haynes.
Here are some dimension of the nosecone I made:
Bottom width: 440mm - outside dimesion
Top width: 650mm (measured across at top rail at front - where vertical meets horizontal line) on outside of cone
Bottom to top rail: 400mm - slope dimension
Max height of cone above top rail in centre 220mm

See if this will fit your car - the flares can easily be added to the cone if it fits.
Find a download for the McSorley plans and check the 442E with the Haynes for compatibility on top rails (beware the 442 is not the same as 442E), because Im also doing the scuttle and bonnet molds. Maybe we can make a plan to get you sorted out.

I must not write this, but if you need to have your car registered as a new vehicle, (no SAP, roadworthy, affirmative action crap etc) contact me as I have contacts.

You can contact me on my mobile: ***********

Wynand
http://5psi.net

Last edited by Wynand : 5th April 2011 at 03:49 PM. Reason: removed contact number - being contacted already