Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Running gear
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 28th September 2012, 12:26 PM

Default 2 Protech shocks needed

Hi guys! i am new to this forum and this is my first post and i am hoping some of you guys could help me out.
What the problem is i decided to split the cost of 4 Protech dampers and buy them in twos (first mistake) i then ordered them from GTS tuning (next big mistake) now after 4 months of waiting they have still not arrived although supposedly being dispatched a few weeks ago.
Now the Protech shocks are on offer direct from Protech but that only applies to 4 and as i need 2 the cost will be £270, but if i get 2 from else were it will cost £220 ish. As i don't want to order from GTS tuning again can any of you guys recommend were i can get 2 from for a sensible price or if any if you guys have some spare and are willing to sell for around this price?
Old 28th September 2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wain View Post
Hi guys! i am new to this forum and this is my first post and i am hoping some of you guys could help me out.
What the problem is i decided to split the cost of 4 Protech dampers and buy them in twos (first mistake) i then ordered them from GTS tuning (next big mistake) now after 4 months of waiting they have still not arrived although supposedly being dispatched a few weeks ago.
Now the Protech shocks are on offer direct from Protech but that only applies to 4 and as i need 2 the cost will be £270, but if i get 2 from else were it will cost £220 ish. As i don't want to order from GTS tuning again can any of you guys recommend were i can get 2 from for a sensible price or if any if you guys have some spare and are willing to sell for around this price?
If you phone Kevin direct at Protech, 01225 705553, and explain the situation he will be more than understanding.He is top bloke and enjoys the Haynes culture so give him a try, you've got nothing to lose.

Andrew

Regards..........AndyH
Old 28th September 2012, 12:56 PM

Thank you, there ordered :-) £250 inc vat n p&p etc. Should have them beginning of next week.
Old 28th September 2012, 01:29 PM

Thats good, he's a nice bloke Kevin just with a funny accent

I thought it was strange when you e-mailed me via ebay on wednesday, assume it was you, asking for 2 dampers.

Glad you're sorted..........Andrew

Regards..........AndyH
Old 28th September 2012, 06:08 PM

You the guy that use to work at nts engineering? Funny you say that because i recognised the pictures from your website, its why i emailed you because i nearly bought the dampers originally from you, wish i did and not gts tuning nw!!
Old 29th September 2012, 08:33 AM

No i started Saturn Sports Cars 3 years ago but i had to give it up because of ill health and working too many hours / stress. Nathan took it over and turned it into NTS. I've now come back into it just to do the grp work in my own time around the fostering and enjoy the scene again.

Cheers........Andrew

Regards..........AndyH