Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Running gear
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 22nd September 2011, 01:33 PM

Default Pedal Box Kit for sale

I have just finished building my pedal box and realised i have got enough steel left over to make up a couple of flat pack kits to build the box from the book. These kits would include:

# The steel back plate with all holes except master cylinder holes (due to too many variants). This will be formed on the right hand side with the 20deg angled return.
# The 3 pieces of steel to make the bottom part. the bottom piece will have the holes in for fixing to the floor as per the book.
# A strip of 30mm steel with holes punched to cut up and make the pedal pivots
# 5mm steel pedal blanks with 29mm holes punched for bushing tubes and linkages.
# 3mm rolled plates to make the pedal foot plates with. 3 different widths to suit the book plans.
# 3 pieces of 4.5mm flat aluminium treadplate (requires bending but can be easily done around something similar size)to fix to pedal footplates. (not sure if it will pass iva but looks good on mine so use if desired)
# A 150mm length of 28mm steel tube with a 3mm wall to make the pedal bushing tubes.
# A 150mm length of Acetal rod to make the bushes from.
# A length of 19mm steel tube to make the cable guides on the rear.

£25 plus p&p

If anyone wants the bushing tubes and acetal rod turned down to the correct lengths (29.5mm tube, 30mm acetal) and a hole put through the center then there is an engineering company i use that will do them for £10 for one or if i can get 10 (need to get more steel first) they will be £5

with the kit i will supply a better set of drawings and printed paper templates for shaping the pivot brackets and pedals.

Regards

Andy
Old 30th September 2011, 09:28 PM

I have finally finished assembling a couple of kits

have a look at my blog for photos of the kits.

http://bamaroadster.blogspot.com/

Postage due to the weight (nearly 6kg) is £10

So if anyone is interested in a kit with machined bushing tubes and acetal bushings they are £45 posted to anywhere in the uk. They can also be collected in person.

Many thanks

Andy
Old 7th October 2011, 09:55 PM

Thumbs up Happy customer here

I took receipt of a kit today and must say I'm really impressed. The pedals have the holes precut but profile still needs to be finished but that's not a problem. And a few of the plates need bending but nothing much at all

The kit came with a great set of CAD drawings (component and assy) some of them 1:1 scale which is helpful

Overall for anyone thinking of building a pedal box themselves then this is great value for money IMO. Thanks Andy top job!

ATB
Rapid

ps no I'm not on commission but just passing on credit where it's due