Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 30th May 2009, 09:50 AM

Smile Good luck

I hope the project goes well for you Andy

www.roadster-builders.co.uk
Old 30th May 2009, 12:49 PM
fabbyglass

Then want you want is a nice full body to go on the Roadster so you have two styles but share the same chassis....
Old 30th May 2009, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabbyglass View Post
Then want you want is a nice full body to go on the Roadster so you have two styles but share the same chassis....
You shall be top of the list Mark, trade prices of course...

Just had my baby on the rolling road, 150bhp at the flywheel. Bit dissapointed but i still have the stock exhaust manifold on with homemade exhaust and homemade inlet manifold. He recommended i change these and i think he's right. Still 290bhp/ton, my mazda rx8 was 170 so for 4k as opposed to 23k and think i'll be happy with that.

Last edited by spud69 : 30th May 2009 at 01:02 PM.
Old 3rd June 2009, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud69 View Post
Thanks Bonzo,

you're about the same as me in your thoughts about this, i think the way forward is to build another part time, take about 6 months, and test the market.

The ideal outcome would be to manufacture as a low volume manufacturer, 6 per year, making to order. Maybe the best way forward is to put out some advertising and see what interest there is out there. I think once people looked at the product and tried the 'demonstrator' there could well be a market for it. Especially considering the price of Caterhams and others.

Still giving this matter a little thought.

If you decide to go full speed ahead with your plans. Give a little thought into building a set of good quality, sturdy jigs.

You'll be glad you did if things take off. They will take hours off the the production times of some of the components.

www.roadster-builders.co.uk
Old 3rd June 2009, 11:32 PM

If you're looking for a business opportunity, isn't RAW Engineering up for sale? No idea what you'd be looking at for that sort of thing but quite interested though

http://berkshire7.blogspot.com/
Old 4th June 2009, 07:21 PM

Just found out that one of my pilot jet screw was missing out of one of the carbs so engine was only running on 3 cylinders, not sure about high revs but definitely at low to mid. New one coming tomorrow so should boost the power a bit. Bit disappointed motoscope didn't spot this though, i thought it was running a bit rough at tickover so took each plug out and cylinder 2 wasn't firing.

Anyway, for the jigs Bonzo i shall be making permanent jigs on the next run to be used on future builds. I've also started putting all the chassis plates onto autocad, i'm friendly with a local engineering shop with an automated plasma cutter so that i can have them cut out all in one go.

I think RAW engineering will be a bit out of my league pricewise, i'm stilling at the planning stage and sorting out money to see me through the first build but i've got a share in a garage sorted out at only £30 per week so its getting there.

This ones just gone on pistonheads so the money is there, even with a reconditioned pinto engine rather than a brand new zetec:

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1068461.htm

Andy