Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 22nd July 2010, 08:11 PM

Default Collected my new chassis from Talon today

Went to collect my new chassis from Talon Motorsport today, and thought I would post here about how pleased I am with the chassis and the excellent service I received.

I’d ordered their fully welded chassis kit which includes all the wishbones, the rear uprights with camber adjusters, the mushrooms and the differential brackets, and all of it was ready for me to collect and the collection date was earlier than I had expected too. I’d also asked for the chassis to be extended by 50mm, which they also provided and at no extra cost.

There are still a couple of bits to add, with this particular chassis they do everything they can but not to the extent that they are adding bits that a builder has to cut parts off in order to fit a different engine or whatever. I still haven’t decided which engine I am going to fit so that was fine with me.

But that wasn’t the end of it- when I got there I had hoped for a hand to load it onto my roof rack but they treated it as entirely their problem to get the chassis safely loaded, and I was virtually a bystander. Phil provided and cut a couple of lengths of timber to act as cross bars and increase the stability and we were then able to strap it down firmly (I’ve got a large Volvo estate, BTW).

I also had a conversation with his father Chris (who built a Locost many years ago (he’s done 25K miles in it so far) and who is a skilled engineer) who works there part time and he showed me how he turns the mushrooms on a large, old but extremely accurate lathe.

They also showed me a pre-cut chassis pack ready for collection and the various other parts they make. In fact they are going at it pretty much 7 days a week, there was another chassis in the process of being welded up, and anothe rcompleted one waiting collection.

All in all a very positive experience and I won’t hesitate to order from them again as and when I need something, and I can recommend them to anybody else. I have no connection other that of satisfied customer.