Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12th September 2011, 08:59 PM

Default couple of questions

couple of quick questions.
if looking to pair a 1.8cvh with bike carbs what carbs should be looked at i.e i have read about zx6r but if that is correct does it mattr what year they come from etc.

Radiator.i know ou can use clio,micra or polo but does any have an opinion of which 1 is better and also again say i was looking at a polo rad does it matter what year car its from etc.

Thanks for any help and apologies for these questions as they are prob really simple i just cant seem to find the answer anywhere.
Old 12th September 2011, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator

I have bought a set of ZX6 carbs from a 98. I am thinking of putting them on my cvh after IVA or possibly on the 1.8 Zetec.

I think from 98-on the come with the throttle position sensor which is useful if upgrading to after market Ignition as well. ( I will just stick with the ford ignition if i do it on the CVH)

TT

Build Thread

Man Cave Mantiques

Cecil Street Auto Repairs Garage Carlisle

Build Cost £4181.65 - Last - Wheel Cylinders
Old 12th September 2011, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poshguy View Post
couple of quick questions.
if looking to pair a 1.8cvh with bike carbs what carbs should be looked at i.e i have read about zx6r but if that is correct does it mattr what year they come from etc.

Radiator.i know ou can use clio,micra or polo but does any have an opinion of which 1 is better and also again say i was looking at a polo rad does it matter what year car its from etc.

Thanks for any help and apologies for these questions as they are prob really simple i just cant seem to find the answer anywhere.
As TT says the Z6xr carbs are ideal for the cvh and much better than the Pierburg carbs. They are best with a stand alone ignition system, Megajolt is good at a reasonable price for the cvh. If i remember right, a google search will probably prove me wrong, but you need the carbs between series G and J for the tps then you get full 3D mapping for the engine.

All the rads will be suitable but there are different sizes, mainly the diesel versions which will not fit so go for the smaller petrol engine versions.

AndyH

Regards..........AndyH
Old 12th September 2011, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud69 View Post

All the rads will be suitable but there are different sizes, mainly the diesel versions which will not fit so go for the smaller petrol engine versions.

AndyH
As Spud has said...

My Polo rad is specced for the 1100 engine , some find the polo rad easier as the outlets are at 90 degrees whereas the clio rad has I believe a 45degree outlet that can make it a little awkward where it fits near to the front frame....awkward but not impossible as a few builds are using the clio rad .

cheers
andy
Old 12th September 2011, 10:29 PM

Thanks for the replys guys i appreciate it im just trying to keep my eye out for deals but still getting to grips with some of the bits and pieces i need