Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > SVA/Legal
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 17th October 2018, 08:38 AM

Default SVA second attempt

So last Wednesday off we went to Chadderton for the dreaded test and failed.
Points failed on :-
1 when the flag was set at the 10 mtr point couldn't see the base over the wheel arch so guys get those mirrors high enough.
2 vin plate, didn't like that it was the actual weight of the car so the tester wrote down 450 axle1 500 axle2, 900 gvw I know it doesn't total but that is what he wanted
3 No red reflectors on the rear I didn't see that in the manual
4 Fog light had an E mark but now it needs an f or a b mark as well

Jamie the guy doing the test was brilliant and I couldn't argue with anything as it was totaly fair and he advised me that if I could get it back within 5 working days it's a free test.
Now comes the totaly piss me off bit, contacted Swansea the next morning and guess what, no available appointments until day six so I have had to cough up another £90 eventhough I could have gone mack on the Friday with all jobs done Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 18th October 2018, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArf View Post
So last Wednesday off we went to Chadderton for the dreaded test and failed.
Points failed on :-
1 when the flag was set at the 10 mtr point couldn't see the base over the wheel arch so guys get those mirrors high enough.
2 vin plate, didn't like that it was the actual weight of the car so the tester wrote down 450 axle1 500 axle2, 900 gvw I know it doesn't total but that is what he wanted
3 No red reflectors on the rear I didn't see that in the manual
4 Fog light had an E mark but now it needs an f or a b mark as well

Jamie the guy doing the test was brilliant and I couldn't argue with anything as it was totaly fair and he advised me that if I could get it back within 5 working days it's a free test.
Now comes the totaly piss me off bit, contacted Swansea the next morning and guess what, no available appointments until day six so I have had to cough up another £90 eventhough I could have gone mack on the Friday with all jobs done Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
So close!! At least you now have the absolute last few points to get through. And thanks for up what happened in detail, every bit of info helps those of us that aren't there yet!
Old 19th October 2018, 10:30 AM

Just a quick up-date the car passed the IVA yesterday so now onto the registration part, come on guys, I've been at this for over six years, don't let yourself loose focus get them cars finished and through the IVA, the more of our builds are on the road can only be a good thing

Arfon
Old 19th October 2018, 03:36 PM

Congratulation Arfon! I'm very happy for you
I checked your photo gallery, but there is no picture of the car. Could you please publish some for us? I'd love to see it.
Again, good one!
Cheers.
Old 20th October 2018, 08:17 PM

Hi there Sylvain, I will take some current photos of the car on Monday when I'm back in work.
It has been a long haul, but boy has it been worth it, to all you guys part way through your build, keep your chin up and keep chipping away at those little jobs, every little job you do does get you that much closer to the finishing line

Arfon
Old 20th October 2018, 09:35 PM

Well done mate.....my build is making progress extremely slowly!!!

Russ
Old 22nd October 2018, 08:33 AM

Thanks for that Russ, come on mate big push get it going again
Old 17th November 2018, 08:51 PM

Ok guys after many sessions of back and too with the DVLA I am now the proud owner of a Q-plate, two small jobs to complete this week like a newly modified sump as the other had a tiny leak that I have been chafing and a new set of plugs as she is stubborn to start and then for a short while runs as if its on 3 cylinders and then it is happy days and running up the miles to iron out the gremlins

Arfon
Old 18th November 2018, 07:39 AM
Super Moderator

Top notch... You will be having fun in the hot winter sun just watch for black ice

TT

Build Thread

Man Cave Mantiques

Cecil Street Auto Repairs Garage Carlisle

Build Cost £4181.65 - Last - Wheel Cylinders
Old 26th December 2018, 04:37 PM

So guys, since getting my registration, I've managed to fit in a week in Madeira and 105 miles on the car, oh and broken a cycle wing bracket which I am going into work tomorrow to repair, and strengthen both sides. So take it from some one that was sceptical when told by others to beef up the cycle wings they were right. Once they are repaired tomorrow am on a club run on Friday with the Shropshire Alternative Car Club (SHACC) and on breakfast meet with NWKCOG North West Kit Car Owners Group on new years eve.