Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10th December 2010, 07:48 PM

That looks more like a show piece David - very very nice.

Will be a shame to thrash it around on the road.....

Keep it up....AndyH

Regards..........AndyH
Old 10th December 2010, 10:32 PM

Nice work David !
And very nice pictures.
I just saw on one of your last pictures that you have put the rear wheels the other way around ? Why is that ?

regards,

Wim
Old 10th December 2010, 10:41 PM

Thanks for all the kind words guys - really means a lot to hear everyones compliments Also a big thanks to everyone on the forum who have helped over the years and to all the good ideas I've nicked from you lot

Started work tonight sorting out the inlet manifold that a very kind forum memeber is going to weld up for me. While the manifold is away I hope to get on with finishing the wiring, get the engine turning over and start fitting out the 'back end' (lights, arches etc)

Handy - yup that is my VIN plate - it's a bit of 3mm plate I CNC machined the number into, then polished, welded to the chassis and lacquered over to protect.

Wim - the wheels are on backwards as the 14" wheels will not fit over rear uprights. Will be getting some 15" alloys when I can afford them

Oh and the car looks even better drenched in some Saturn fibreglass .......

Old 11th December 2010, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidimurray View Post
Thanks for all the kind words guys - really means a lot to hear everyones compliments Also a big thanks to everyone on the forum who have helped over the years and to all the good ideas I've nicked from you lot

Started work tonight sorting out the inlet manifold that a very kind forum memeber is going to weld up for me. While the manifold is away I hope to get on with finishing the wiring, get the engine turning over and start fitting out the 'back end' (lights, arches etc)

Handy - yup that is my VIN plate - it's a bit of 3mm plate I CNC machined the number into, then polished, welded to the chassis and lacquered over to protect.

Wim - the wheels are on backwards as the 14" wheels will not fit over rear uprights. Will be getting some 15" alloys when I can afford them

Oh and the car looks even better drenched in some Saturn fibreglass .......

That makes me thinking.... when i tried to fit my rear wheels, i noticed that there was not much space between the uprights and the rim (about 3mm on the place where the lower wishbones fit the upright). Could it be that i also have 14" rims ? Can you measure this ? I am almost certain that the size on my tires was R15... Have to check this.
Old 11th December 2010, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wgroove View Post
That makes me thinking.... when i tried to fit my rear wheels, i noticed that there was not much space between the uprights and the rim (about 3mm on the place where the lower wishbones fit the upright). Could it be that i also have 14" rims ? Can you measure this ? I am almost certain that the size on my tires was R15... Have to check this.
The inner diameter of the 15" alloys is just a bit bigger than 14" pressed steel wheels due to thicker walls. So it's a tight fit, either with 15" alloys or 14" steels.
Old 11th December 2010, 04:55 PM

That looks like a stunning job. I am constantly amazed at some of the cars people are producing. I keep hoping mine will turn out somewhere near as nice, even though I am building it on a tight budget.
Enoch