Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Bodywork and interior
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11th September 2012, 09:12 PM

Let's hope they're not from the Saturn/NTS moulds, apparently they are knackered and were apparently most of the reason for the poor quality as everything that came out of them had to be reworked.

Now, before people start jumping up and down with anger, these were the words straight from Nathan's mouth when he delivered a second set of panels that he had made to replace the first and very badly made panels that Andy had made. The second set were probably as bad as the first and now as they are being fitted to the chassis are showing signs of poor workmanship too.

Having seen both sets of panels personnaly, I have to sat that I wouldn't be happy with the quality even if the whole set was only £380 as the ebay ad would trick you into believing, let alone £780

Let's hope i'm wrong, but if the moulds are as bad as Nathan led people to believe then nothing good will come out of them.

So whose going to be first to part with nearly £800 to find out?

TK
Old 11th September 2012, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick-kit View Post
Let's hope they're not from the Saturn/NTS moulds, apparently they are knackered and were apparently most of the reason for the poor quality as everything that came out of them had to be reworked.

Now, before people start jumping up and down with anger, these were the words straight from Nathan's mouth when he delivered a second set of panels that he had made to replace the first and very badly made panels that Andy had made. The second set were probably as bad as the first and now as they are being fitted to the chassis are showing signs of poor workmanship too.

Having seen both sets of panels personnaly, I have to sat that I wouldn't be happy with the quality even if the whole set was only £380 as the ebay ad would trick you into believing, let alone £780

Let's hope i'm wrong, but if the moulds are as bad as Nathan led people to believe then nothing good will come out of them.

So whose going to be first to part with nearly £800 to find out?

TK
Hi John,
Any idea when you will be unveiling the Vodou products...
I have been curious about your car for sometime...

Johno

Last edited by Johno : 12th September 2012 at 12:55 PM. Reason: can't write properly.
Old 11th September 2012, 09:52 PM

Trick-kit you said that everything from that moulds needs to be reworked that is absolulty not true!!!!!!!!!
I get parts from both fabby and Saturn, the parts from fabby need a full paintjob but from Saturn it was spot on. I don´t now how Nathans parts looks like so I will not talk about that.

Janne
Old 11th September 2012, 10:03 PM

Why is it such a big problem with those worn moulds? Isn't it possible to make a mould out of a part buffed to a high standard? It's just a bit more complex than making a bodywork part itself. I believe Andy H mentioned on here he plans to make new moulds some time prior to stepping away.
Old 11th September 2012, 10:07 PM

I dont think there was a problem with anything spud/nathan turned out for sale, it was merely the fact the molds were tired and it took a fair bit of luck and a lot of elbow grease to bring them to saleable standard. Remember all the seconds for sale!!!!!!!!. There are enough happy customers out there with the spud/nathan products but there are also a few pissed off ones . You cant win them all

Bob

The cave http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/my...deshow/mancave

The build http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12669
Old 11th September 2012, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janne E View Post
Trick-kit you said that everything from that moulds needs to be reworked that is absolulty not true!!!!!!!!!
I get parts from both fabby and Saturn, the parts from fabby need a full paintjob but from Saturn it was spot on. I don´t now how Nathans parts looks like so I will not talk about that.

Janne
No Janne, I said that the parts that Nathan (and Andy towards the end i'm guessing) had to be reworked, not everthing. As you said you cannot coment on things you haven't seen, I am only commenting on the 4 or 5 sets i've seen in the flesh over the last couple of years.

Sadly it would seem the moulds have reached the end of their life and need drastic maintenance or replacement.

As regards your bodywork by Fabby, I cannot comment, again i haven't seen it, however I have seen about 10 other sets he did make and they were all very well finished, Marks green set (Gus on here) HandyAndy's and don't forget the set used by Andy to promote Saturn's business were made by Fabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno View Post
Hi John,
Any idea when you will be unveiling the Vodou products...
I have curious about your car for sometime

Johno
Hey Johno, it's not my car, Vodou belongs to Matt I just help out in a technical role when needed Matt is now back woking at things having had a few personnal issues to deal with, I can't talk about when yet (I'm sworn to secrecy) but things are moving fast.
Old 11th September 2012, 10:39 PM

Hello all,

Ive not been on here for a while due to a few ups and downs in my life and a bit of embarrasment for not being able to refund all the last orders straight away, partly my fault but partly due to unforeseen circumstances. But theres a kink of light at the end of the tunnel now.

I believe Andrew has made a new set of molds from the Saturn bodywork and will be supplying bodywork in his spare time for something to do ( and I dare say to get a break from the kids!!). But that’s down to him, I wish him the best of luck and im sure he will be along shortly.

Now… its very easy to knock a man when hes not around to defend himself so now im back…

Trick kit and mr Barry Pudsey

You told me that your Saturn body kit was completely rubbish and that it was completely unusable. I originally told you that I would replace the panels and take away the “rubbish” set. When I arrived at your address, after driving 400 miles in good faith I found that the only panel that was crap was the scuttle, where the matting hadn’t been pushe right into the corner and the gel had cracked. Which by the way is sometimes easily overlooked, especially as you were rushing Andrew to get the original kit finished before Christmas. Every other panel looked absolutely fine. There will always be slight imperfections in something that is hand made, you showed yourself how small imperfections were in your photos, there were a few dots of dust no bigger than the tip of a sharpened pencil in the gelcoat.
Never the less I allowed you to keep all of the panels and I kept only the bonnet, again this was a good item. So what you have against me personnaly I don’t know. And Mr trickkit, I have never met you so how you got that remark from “the horses mouth” I don’t know

I tried my very best to please everyone I dealt with, and I had a lot of happy customers (over 120 in six months worth of trading. 301 fabricated parts and 126 off the shelf products. I had 12 transactions in this time which had complaints). Im not perfect, and I admit there have been a few unhappy people, namely the ones waiting for a refund which is understandable, but slowly but surely im sorting them out. There has also been one or two bad eggs that have taken me for a ride, but im not going into that now I have always preferred to deal face to face rather than air dirty laundry in public, iv lost my temper on here in the past due to provocation but thats all water under the bridge now.

You can slag me off, but Im the one who gave up a great career to give it a go, i tried my best and i couldnt make it work financially, im not a business man and never will be. But I gave it a go, i took the risk, i take the consequences. May I ask what you have done apart from constantly knocking those that "do". Remember there are two kinds of people, those that do a good job and those that talk a good job.

Kind regards to all

Nathan

Last edited by shh120m : 11th September 2012 at 10:45 PM.
Old 12th September 2012, 12:18 AM

Well that pissed on the fireworks of that bitchfest

Bob

The cave http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/my...deshow/mancave

The build http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12669
Old 12th September 2012, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shh120m View Post
There will always be slight imperfections in something that is hand made
It's a philosophical issue. On the one hand, hand made products will have some imperfections, on the other hand, the most perfect show cars (also, knives, mirrors, art, etc) are a result of meticulous manual work. We were led to believe we are to expect show-car-like perfection, and we clearly were not getting it.
Old 12th September 2012, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alga View Post
It's a philosophical issue. On the one hand, hand made products will have some imperfections, on the other hand, the most perfect show cars (also, knives, mirrors, art, etc) are a result of meticulous manual work. We were led to believe we are to expect show-car-like perfection, and we clearly were not getting it.
I never led anyone to believe my products were of "show car quality", i think my grainy crappy photography proves that one