Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 21st April 2010, 10:30 PM

Default Been Busy Again

Hi car building chums, just updated my build diary - www.deepfolly.co.uk again. This week I have taken the engine and box back out so I can do my brake and fuel pipes, fitted my brake discs and calipers, rejigged my rear brake pipe / hose fixing brackets and got the car sitting on it's 4 wheels. I will hopefully finish the piping and lay in the wiring to the rear of the car by the end of this weekend, the engine and box will then go back in and it will start to look real then.
I have figured out how to modify my DOHC manifold quite simply - work has started on it but I will keep that as a "rainy day" job.
Best to all,
Dave.
PS the only page of my build diary that's changed is build diary part 4.

Last edited by Enoch : 21st April 2010 at 10:31 PM. Reason: so it makes sense now
Old 27th April 2010, 10:20 AM

Smile Great read & well done

I have just had a read of your build blog to catch up on your progress Enoch

I have your blog saved in my favourites as it happens .... I find it such a great read & am realy inspired by your swift progress

Blooming heck mate, you aint half cracked on a bit .... Probably fair to say that you have now shot past me in the build stakes

Can see it won't be too long before you are ready for some body panels, keep up the great progress & I look forward to your next blog update

www.roadster-builders.co.uk
Old 27th April 2010, 11:14 AM

Hi Ronnie, glad you are enjoying it I have just updated it again, the host of the site has had a few problems so it was a bit behind on the updates. I have finished most of the brake plumbing now and made my steering column extension. I hope to get the brakes finished, get the handbrake cable done and get the engine and box back in by the end of the weekend so I can go to Stoneleigh on Monday. If memory serves me correctly I received my chassis kit on January 11th, the Sierra was purchased late November but due to snow etc did not get fully stripped until February. I am quite pleased with the progress, I did not expect to get this far so soon.
Best and all that,
Dave.
Old 27th April 2010, 11:31 AM

Thats an excellent build diary Dave and progress is coming on in leaps and bounds.

After our conversations its obvious that your build is going to be of top notch quality. Keep it up.

See you at Stoneleigh........AndyH

Regards..........AndyH
Old 27th April 2010, 10:19 PM

Thanks Andy, I am really hoping to make it to Stoneleigh, it will be great to meet all the guys from here. I need to talk to you about GRP - I may call you in the next couple of days, otherwise I will see you at the show.
Best and all that,
Dave.