Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > General discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 17th November 2012, 09:59 PM
Super Moderator

CAPTCHA is something we are looking into, unfortunately the current forum software is out of date and wont support it. until haynes get time to update the software it may be necessary to have mod approval on a users first post.

the problem is at the moment haynes IT guy is on holiday, w have spoke but he cant sort it until he gets home.

My Pictures
http://s707.photobucket.com/user/ashgardiner/profile/
Old 17th November 2012, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshG View Post
CAPTCHA is something we are looking into, unfortunately the current forum software is out of date and wont support it. until haynes get time to update the software it may be necessary to have mod approval on a users first post.

the problem is at the moment haynes IT guy is on holiday, w have spoke but he cant sort it until he gets home.
I reckon an interim solution of Mod Approval on either new users/first x posts should be implemented as it could run into weeks/months until a software upgrade is approved (I guess its not free!)
Old 18th November 2012, 01:37 AM

There has to be a more detailed method of joining this forum with say a 7-10 days space in between joining and posting to stop these wankers form getting on here, I know this is very frustrating and time consuming for the mods, it is bad enough getting crap via email everyday, let alone these jerks getting access to this great forum.

Cheers
Nigel
Old 18th November 2012, 09:12 AM
Super Moderator

have asked haynes if they can turn off registration until a solution is found. unfortunately tt and i are only mods and you need to be admin to change the look feel and more importantly the sign up options of the forum.

i have deleted over 100 posts this morning, all we can do at the moment is log on a few times a day and clear up and ban users until haynes can do something.

My Pictures
http://s707.photobucket.com/user/ashgardiner/profile/
Old 18th November 2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshG View Post
have asked haynes if they can turn off registration until a solution is found. unfortunately tt and i are only mods and you need to be admin to change the look feel and more importantly the sign up options of the forum.

i have deleted over 100 posts this morning, all we can do at the moment is log on a few times a day and clear up and ban users until haynes can do something.
I thinks its fair to say you guys can only do as much as you can given the options available to you, it sounds a bit like just 'bailing out' until haynes can instigate a proper fix.

It must be quite a chore for you to have to keep bailing out the crap and answering all our concerns at the same time so fair play and appreciation for everything your doing

Lets hope haynes put some priority on this and get it sorted asap. Also the mod structure should be looked at properly to allow some redundancy to cover when people are not able to do it but have a full hierarchy of mods to admins available within a reasonable time frame to cover things like this.

Cheers Ash & TT for everything your doing.
Old 18th November 2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_of_Seven View Post
I thinks its fair to say you guys can only do as much as you can given the options available to you, it sounds a bit like just 'bailing out' until haynes can instigate a proper fix.

It must be quite a chore for you to have to keep bailing out the crap and answering all our concerns at the same time so fair play and appreciation for everything your doing

Lets hope haynes put some priority on this and get it sorted asap. Also the mod structure should be looked at properly to allow some redundancy to cover when people are not able to do it but have a full hierarchy of mods to admins available within a reasonable time frame to cover things like this.

Cheers Ash & TT for everything your doing.
That has to a big thanks really because its all unpaid and a shed load of their time. Thanks boys.

Bob

The cave http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/my...deshow/mancave

The build http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12669

Last edited by robo : 18th November 2012 at 12:57 PM.
Old 18th November 2012, 01:22 PM

I second that ....thanks for taking the timeout tt and Ash for getting rid of that s**t
Old 18th November 2012, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K4KEV View Post
I second that ....thanks for taking the timeout tt and Ash for getting rid of that s**t
From me too good job lads
Old 18th November 2012, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator

No Probs..

Been out today but just got back in and trimed a few more

There should be some options to explore even on this version of the software..

TT

Build Thread

Man Cave Mantiques

Cecil Street Auto Repairs Garage Carlisle

Build Cost £4181.65 - Last - Wheel Cylinders
Old 18th November 2012, 05:51 PM

Good job lads, we do appreciate what your doing for the forum and it's members.

Terry